Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im a little bummed i cant have the birth i want!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Because of the insurance i have. I have found plenty of midwives but none that deliver at a birthing center and not a hospital. I love my midwife but i dont want to be in a hospital and i cry every night because i have had 2 csections and being in a hospital scares me. But because of my PPO plan i cant find a birthing center.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Replies (31-36):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Hate to say it but you should have thought about that before you got pregnant
EAzizM
by Erica on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Out of pocket for a midwife is around 3k. I would be willing to pay that much to get the birthing experience I want.

GunnysMommy
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM
I know it's disappointing (I didn't get the birth I planned either due to an emergency with Gunny). But honestly, a hospital with a doula for support may be best with your history of c- sections. What helped me deal with not getting the natural birth I had planned was focusing on the positives. In the end I still had my beautiful boy, and that's really what mattered.
ShadowWaters
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I can relate I wanted and planned for a home birth with my midwife. At 41 weeks my amniotic fluid was to low and I had to be induced in a hospital by a doctor I'd never even met which lead to everything I never wanted for my birthing experience. But I got my little boy which is all that really matters in the end. I'm sorry you can't have the experience you were hoping for.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:15 AM
So what? How far along we're you? Your not overdue until 42 weeks and 1 day per ACOG. What was your fluid level? How many times did they recheck? How much fluid did you drink afterwards?

Quoting Denecia:

I know that but I had to be induced I went over my due date and the fluids were low. I literally never went into labor. I have an aunt who did the same thing.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

You really need to educate yourself. Inductions don't work the way your body does. 50% of first time moms that are induced end up with cs.

Quoting Denecia:

It isn't something I really want to go into without being prepared. That being said I did have some complications with my first where I never went into labor. Even after being induced I never dialated. Chances are I would have the same problems as the first. Idk it is all very confusing because the doctors say one thing and I read about things that go against what they say.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

As a patient you have the right to refuse any procedure you do not want. They cannot force you to have a cs and they can't turn away a woman in labor.

Quoting Denecia:

I know the feeling. I really didn't want to have another csection but the hospital here won't do vbac. To make matters worse, I had back surgery in the spot where they give you a spinal block and now they cannot give me one and I have to be put under to have my csection.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairymaid23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Wat about a homebirth? Or just going to the hospital wen ur pushing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)