Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously why would anyone want to have an elective c-section! I'm 14 wks PP and I still can't do a freaking sit up! It hurttts *I pushed for 4 hrs after three days in labor so mine def was NOT elective!* lol I'm not bashing at all but seriously who thinks getting cut open is better then having a baby normally!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM

For those women, they dont want their vagina's to be ripped/torn/spread open so violently

boom_maker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM
For those commenting that it's harder to recover from an emergency c-sec, not always true! My first was an emergency and recovery was a breeze and I don't remember much pain. My scheduled one, not even close! I hurt for so long and I still have issues and my son is 18mo. I have a lot of scar tissue on the inside causing me pain, my spinal block site still causes pain and the dissolvable staples took over 6mo to dissolve! Not fun at all. If I could go back and have 100% drug free births I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilindians
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

My 3rd child was elective because after one failed "regular" birth and on failed VBAC it's just what was best. My recovery didn't take long at all, and with my second I popped a few staples :|

casanderson1
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I wish I could have had a vaginal :( I'm 17 wks pp and still can't do a sit up! Also my scar is itchy and numb!!!
cassie19831
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I had an emergency c section almost a year ago. I still hurt! Around the incision is sore all the time but gets really bad around my period. It still hurts to bend. On top of it next baby means another one all that pain and recovery time scares me. I would love to give birth natural.

.ZombieGirl.
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I was back to normal less than 2 weeks after all 3 of mine.

LovelyDayz
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM

i Wonder too. I had two emergency ones. It was horrible :-( 

Rachelle91
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:30 PM

i felt great after two weeks two. Then it happend.. the muscles growing back together LOL i randomly get stabbing pains. Also, they got my uerter *sp* and so i had to have a stent in for 6 weeks!!!! not fun!!!

Quoting PeaceMuch:

I felt great after 2 weeks. My second one I felt normal my first day home. Recovery is different for everyone I am sorry you are having a hard time :(

Rachelle91
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM

why is that?

Quoting MommieSDW:

Scheduled C-Sections are easier to recover from. I'm not saying go have one, but recovery from an emergency C-Section is much harder. 

capricornuandme
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I had to have a c section, did not want to but, had to. 

It took me forever to heal. I don't think anyone really wants to have one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured