Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tired of a crappy looking yard..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

mowing the lawnI hired a lawn guy!  I'm tired of being a nag...What about you?  Do you have a yard? A lawn?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Replies (51-60):
enafaye
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM

If  you can afford it, go ahead and hire someone. It has to be done and at least it is short.    Stop bashing thie person unless you have walked in her shoes.  But then again, you might be super woman and noone can live up to your abilities.    The other possibility is hire a sitter, that is if you actually like mowing and yard work, and have equipment to doit.   A mother's helper isn't that expensive and you are helping a young teen to learn the ropes of childcare. 

cnash81
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Exactly...thank you.  I hadn't been on since yesterday and came back to find this anon troll had been doing all sorts of hating on me.  Lots of ladies, such as you, came to my defense and I appreciate it.  I was the very first to respond to the post and became an easy target for her to bash on.

Quoting MamaLub:

Wow really? What should one do with three kids under 5 while mowing a yard. I know! A play pen. Then she can keep her babies in the hot sun while blowing grass and pollen hit them for an hour or two. Just to win YOUR approval. Oh wait. Your opinion means nothing to her

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't watch your kids while you cut the grass.  It is so hard to do, OMG.  Really LAZY, LAZY.  Your DH must be so proud of you.  Get off your ass and cut the grass

Quoting cnash81:

I hired by little brother to do it because DF works too much to do it and I can't effectively supervise my 3 kids under age 5 while I do it.  Even though my brother mows weekly, it still looks like crap because moles have gone crazy in my yard.  I can't bring myself to actually do it, but I want to start bopping those things with a shovel for jacking up my yard.

supermama322
by Kaylee on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Luckily DH is obsessed with keeping our yard beautiful. It's a good size, lots of green grass, pond with waterfall (dh's baby). Our front yard is all rocks so it's low maintenance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
simple_ole_me
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd hire a babysitter before I hire a lawn guy. Ha. I love doing yard work.

Quoting cnash81:

I hired by little brother to do it because DF works too much to do it and I can't effectively supervise my 3 kids under age 5 while I do it.  Even though my brother mows weekly, it still looks like crap because moles have gone crazy in my yard.  I can't bring myself to actually do it, but I want to start bopping those things with a shovel for jacking up my yard.

MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
My son isn't allowed outside while mowing is taking place. When I wad young a friend of mine was playing in her yard while he dad was mowing and it caught and threw a bone. It literally impaled her leg. She had to get 20 stitches and now has an area of her leg that has no feeling. If dh didn't now our yard I would hire someone.

Side note, I don't believe it is man's work I mowed lawns for 14 years. But seeing as how I do all the inside chores, cook, take out the trash, feed all animals and collect eggs and tend a garden...yeah I'm pitching that job to him. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Quoting monshine2:

Why don't you just mow the lawn yourself?

Allergies!

Bitch.please
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
We have a beautiful yard, I do most of the yardwork, only thing my husband does is weed eat and edge, I pull weeds/grass out of the beds, mow, plant, water and trim all bushes. I love my yard and I love yardwork.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom0413
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I have no yard, my yard consists of sand and rocks. It also includes an attempt to grow some grass and we also have one tree. Now thats a crappy yard.

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM

we have a big yard but we are renting the house. so the landlords do it for us :) 

littleacorn
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM
I tore up most of our yard and put in a really cool looking veggie garden. I would have taken out ALL the grass, but we rent and the landlord wouldn't let me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN