Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My UNPOPULAR opinion (more than likely will offend) EDIT AGAIN

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Babies with flat heads have lazy ass parents

Whenever I see a baby with a flat head in the back, I automatically think to myself "They're lazy and more than likely prop the baby's bottle." Of course there are exceptions. Like if a baby is the hospital for a long time and can't be held.

I have two friends that help make my opinion valid, to me anyway. One has two kids who were formula fed since birth and she's always propped bottles. Both have heads as flat as their backs. The other has a son 13 days younger than mine. He too has a flat head. When my friend brought his son over, he propped his bottle.

All four of my kids have little round heads. I did breastfeed them (except one...but I never propped their bottle). I just think its horrible for a baby to have a flat head.

There's my unpopular opinion/confession for today.

**This has nothing to do with formula VS. breast. Its about laziness. That is all.

Okay! I know some babies are born this way. I did say there are exceptions didn't I? The three babies I described were NOT along with many other babies in my family that had their bottles propped. That is why is I said I AUTOMATICALLY (automatic as in the first thought) think.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Really? It makes me think, "Maybe tummy time is important."
Pink_Sunshine
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM

No idea how a parent controls their kids heads. My Boys heads were always round. I thought that's just how all Kids' heads were.

Kenre
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I tend to agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM
3 moms liked this

Gah! Bottle proping is my biggest pet peeve. Like really, how hard is it to hold a bottle. Not to mention it's so wonderful to watch a child eat whether it is breast or bottle. They look at you and just look so sweet and happy. Who would pass that up.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I never propped a bottle, but I didn't hold them all day either.  They would be in their infant carrier, or in a stroller outside, or in their crib at night.  A couple had "flatter" spots, a couple didn't.  And I am FAR from lazy.

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM
5 moms liked this
Two of my friends say ur a bitch so it must be valid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GinasMommy412
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM
My DD was/is ff and has a very round head. So that's good. I agree with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I tend to agree. I also judge those who have babies with bald spots on their flat spot. I shouldn't, but I do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM
I absolutely agree!
My sisters 4 year olds facial structure is off all because of a flat head because of her lazy parenting!
CatherineNewton
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I really dont think it has much to do with breast feeding vs formula feeding. But I do agree that no child should have a flat head geesh 10 mins of tummy time a day can change that. Along with added time as the baby gets older. Shit if you are holding and moving the baby it wont have a flat head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)