Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you've lost alot of weight how did you do it ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies

im 19 i just had a baby 3 months ago and one in april2011  ,my dd and ds are 10 months apart before my ds i was 150  but i was fit and i worked out 3-4 times week . i gained almost 60 pounds with ds,  and dident get to lose any becuse i got pregnant so fast  after him .when i got pregnant with  dd i was 190 and lost 10 pounds due to morning sickness, i delivered her at 2010 pounds and i went back to 190. i haven't lost anymore , actually i think ave gain like pounds , im not motivated at all ,every day i tell my self im gonna work out and eat healthy and i do it for about a week and then i quit  . so if you have lost  alot of weight ,how did u do it ? and how did you motivate your self to keep going ? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Northcuttswifey
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM
2010? Do you mean 210?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Count your calories. Depending upon your height between 1500 and 1200 calories a day, including the exercise you do. Switch up your exercises so they are fun, and don't turn into something you dread doing. I'm down 134 pounds in two years.
Mommototwo
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I recently had 2 under 2 as well. I've lost 85 lbs by going vegan, cutting out soda, and walking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I have lost 30 pounds in the last 2 1/2 months.  I use the website myfitnesspal.com.  It is great.  Helps me log food and exercise so I am more mindful of what I eat.  You should put the babies in a stroller and go for nice walks everyday.  All of you willl enjoy it.

LuvCoopins
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Eat clean...you will lose weight without counting calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:02 PM

No enriched carbs or bread, 1200 calories a day and I walked every day. Water aerobics twice a week and swam laps for half an hour twice or three times a week.

For breakfast I ate I slice of whole wheat bread with the spritz butter. 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce and 1/2 cup skim milk.

Morning snack 1 diet coke and a few unsalted roasted peanuts

Lunch 1/2 turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread. small salad with vinaigrette dressing

Afternoon snack lowfat yogurt

Dinner ..steamed broccoli with a few squirts of the spritz butter and a piece of baked or grilled chicken.

Basically that is what I ate for months.

Charley427
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I have lost 42 since the beginning of the year I did the Advocare 24 day challenge , joined kick boxing, and zumba and walk. I gave up soda, white bread and snacks .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I used the myfitnesspal app to track calories and I walk at least 5 days a week. I've lost almost 30 pounds since the beginning of Feb. Dh is doing the same and is a little over 30 pounds lost. What helped keep us motivated is a trip we are taking this weekend with a bunch of friends we haven't seen in a while. And we will be in bathing suits at least part of the time. Having a deadline really helped us.

Try setting a small goal first, then set another. And plan a trip or gathering to reward all of your hard work!
osubucksbaby
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM
What does that mean?

Quoting LuvCoopins:

Eat clean...you will lose weight without counting calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2b4evr
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I did the same and lost the same amount.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have lost 30 pounds in the last 2 1/2 months.  I use the website myfitnesspal.com.  It is great.  Helps me log food and exercise so I am more mindful of what I eat.  You should put the babies in a stroller and go for nice walks everyday.  All of you willl enjoy it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)