Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you believe in baptizing babies?

Posted by   + Show Post

=?utf-8?B?VGFrZSBhIGxvb2sgYXQgdGhpcyBwaWN0dXJlIQ==?=

I do. I'm Catholic and have baptized both my children Catholic as infants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Replies (401-410):
lordkanarven
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

If the family is religious then go ahead I see no problem with it, I'm an atheist so could I have my daughter baptized in water blessed by a genealogist or anthropologist?

:)

Join me in Blues Mamas if you have a passion for music!
MamaTasha08
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM

No.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM

No, I believe that baptism should be a persons own free choice when they are ready and understand the reason behind baptizing!

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I personally Wouldn't lie to keep a job especially if i didnt like it anyway .if i did it depends on the lie can you give a example .....ps I'm a sahm

Quoting startupscafe:

Let's say that you told a lie to protect your job.  That is justifed, right?

Quoting babie113:

I would tell you to quit lying. It is a behaviour it doesn't define you as a person because its a temporary behaviour. If you lied to everyone all the time your a serial liar . And probably have a mental problem so then it would make you a liar with issues. Not a bad person in general.just a mess

Quoting startupscafe:

If I told you a lie, what would you call me?  Be more specific.

Quoting babie113:

Human lol

Quoting startupscafe:

What does it make someone who tells a lie?

Quoting babie113:

I don't have a religion I really don't .have I ever told a lie why yes I have everybody lies just like everybody makes mistakes but we learn from them. I haven't told a big lie since I was a kid. I learnt not to because it wasent worth the agro it caused. Have you ever lied?

Quoting startupscafe:

I wouldn't recommend "religion" to you.  But you do have your own religion.  Everybody does without realizing it.  (Sorry, I left the quote out in my last entry)

Have you ever told a lie?

Quoting babie113:

I don't believe I'm a good person I know I am. Religion or lack of doesn't make one a bad person. And I think its funny you think that story is reality .its not reality for me. And that doesn't say anything about me as a person.

Quoting startupscafe:

Of course you don't.  I didn't expect you to.  You can believe or not believe whatever you want, but just because you don't believe it doesn't change reality.

George Carlin knows whether it is true or not.  He didn't before, but he knows now.  I wish he would've known before.

Babie113, do you believe you are a good person?

Quoting babie113:

Yeah cool story but I don't believe any of it. But thanks for sharing :-)

Quoting startupscafe:

The world was perfect before Adam brought sin upon the whole world.  There was no death until Adam sinned.  If he had not sinned, he would still be alive today. 

As soon as a baby is born, he is born with a white robe on.  One problem though.  Because Adam brought sin upon the whole world, babies are born with a dirty robe on.  They are rebellious when they come out of the womb.  When you go to feed them, sometimes they rebelliously push the food away, etc.  Yes, we are all born in sin.  Because of Adam.

Romans 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

But to an atheist it shouldn't matter much.  Or should it?

Quoting babie113:

No I'm atheist. I think children should decide for themselves when older at a less imprestioable age and after doing reasearch .i also dont think babies are born sinners .but I'm atheist so ......yeah.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BubbyAndShmee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Absolutely not. A dedication is one thing, pledging to raise the child in a loving, godly environment. But even if you raise your children Christian/Catholic, baptism is a choice that should be made BY THE PERSON BEING BAPTIZED. It should be an outward demonstration of a choice made in ones heart. A decision made by someone old enough to know what they are choosing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
startupscafe
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Actually, your description is not what the average person would say.  They are more likely to call it what it is:  a LIAR.

Quoting babie113:

I would tell you to quit lying. It is a behaviour it doesn't define you as a person because its a temporary behaviour. If you lied to everyone all the time your a serial liar . And probably have a mental problem so then it would make you a liar with issues. Not a bad person in general.just a mess 

Quoting babie113:

I personally Wouldn't lie to keep a job especially if i didnt like it anyway .if i did it depends on the lie can you give a example .....ps I'm a sahm

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Human lol

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

I don't have a religion I really don't .have I ever told a lie why yes I have everybody lies just like everybody makes mistakes but we learn from them. I haven't told a big lie since I was a kid. I learnt not to because it wasent worth the agro it caused. Have you ever lied?

Quoting startupscafe:

I wouldn't recommend "religion" to you.  But you do have your own religion.  Everybody does without realizing it.  (Sorry, I left the quote out in my last entry)

Quoting babie113:

I don't believe I'm a good person I know I am. Religion or lack of doesn't make one a bad person. And I think its funny you think that story is reality .its not reality for me. And that doesn't say anything about me as a person.

Quoting startupscafe:

Of course you don't.  I didn't expect you to.  You can believe or not believe whatever you want, but just because you don't believe it doesn't change reality.

George Carlin knows whether it is true or not.  He didn't before, but he knows now.  I wish he would've known before.

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

The world was perfect before Adam brought sin upon the whole world.  There was no death until Adam sinned.  If he had not sinned, he would still be alive today. 

As soon as a baby is born, he is born with a white robe on.  One problem though.  Because Adam brought sin upon the whole world, babies are born with a dirty robe on.  They are rebellious when they come out of the womb.  When you go to feed them, sometimes they rebelliously push the food away, etc.  Yes, we are all born in sin.  Because of Adam.

Romans 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

Quoting babie113:

No I'm atheist. I think children should decide for themselves when older at a less imprestioable age and after doing reasearch .i also dont think babies are born sinners .but I'm atheist so ......yeah.....

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM
I'm not most people. Most people are not as analytical.

Quoting startupscafe:

Actually, your description is not what the average person would say.  They are more likely to call it what it is:  a LIAR.

Quoting babie113:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Human lol

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
startupscafe
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM

So do you tell lies?  A liar is simply someone who does not tell the truth.  How many lies does a person have to tell to be a liar?

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Human lol

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Not since I was a child no tell me something. Why put me on the hot seat? And do you tell your kids lies like "Jesus was born in December " or " Santa is coming with your gifts" or "babies come from heaven" if so your a liar

Quoting startupscafe:

So do you tell lies?  A liar is simply someone who does not tell the truth.  How many lies does a person have to tell to be a liar?

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Human lol

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
startupscafe
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Hey!  It isn't true!!!!!  Jesus wasn't born on Christmas and Santa is nobody.  Babies DO NOT come from heaven.  I don't teach that at all.  I have read my Bible.  LOL!!!  

Quoting babie113:

Not since I was a child no tell me something. Why put me on the hot seat? And do you tell your kids lies like "Jesus was born in December " or " Santa is coming with your gifts" or "babies come from heaven" if so your a liar

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Human lol

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Quoting startupscafe:

Quoting babie113:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN