Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you believe in baptizing babies?

Posted by   + Show Post

=?utf-8?B?VGFrZSBhIGxvb2sgYXQgdGhpcyBwaWN0dXJlIQ==?=

I do. I'm Catholic and have baptized both my children Catholic as infants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Replies (41-50):
manda-nicole010
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont. I think it is supposed to be a personal choice... one that a parent can't make for a child. I don't actually understand the point of it. 

Your baby looks so cute. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM
No. Babies do not know what it is to sin. Even if they're born outta wedlock, it's not their fault. Dh & I are Christian and we do dedications, we dedicate them to God and promise to raise them knowing His word and His teachings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
The believing parent sanctifies the child until the age of accountability. Therefor I do not believe baptizing babies. It was also not practiced by the early church fathers. The catholic church believes it can add and take away from scripture and this is just one thing that falls into that category.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura_sims
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I would still never do it. I would never try to force my children into any religion 

Quoting kkps725:

It's called original sin, it's not that the baby will go to hell, it is that you are giving your baby to God.

Quoting laura_sims:

No i dont

i think anyone who believes that an innocent baby is born with sin and will go to hell is silly 

but to each their own 

karla85
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Yes. My three kids are baptized.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg

nope

marchantmom06
Oh yes! All of ours are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manda-nicole010
2 moms liked this

The bible does teach that we are all born into sin... it also teaches that there is an age of accountability. A little baby won't go to hell. A toddler won't. An 8 year old won't if that child hasn't reached the personal age where he/she can understand the concept. A person who can't mentally understand God/bible/heaven/hell won't be held accountable either regardless of age. 

That's what I believe anyways. 

Quoting laura_sims:

No i dont

i think anyone who believes that an innocent baby is born with sin and will go to hell is silly 

but to each their own 

Follow my blog to read about my second pregnancy and the crazy, chaos that will be sure to happen with a toddler and a pregnancy! Toddler + Pregnancy = Chaos You can also follow my other blog about my first daughter at Everything Emeny

Wendykay1
1 mom liked this
No but that is because we are not catholic. We do what we call baby dedication. Meaning we go in front of our church and the pastor and the church pray over us as a family and that God will protect our children and give us wisdom as parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof1b4g
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

i dont. babies are born innocent, if God forbid, they die they go to heaven no matter what! being baptised is a choice to be made when you are older & can make the decision for yourself as to weather you want to or not & even what religion you choose to be. thats how i feel anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured