Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you believe in baptizing babies?

Posted by   + Show Post

=?utf-8?B?VGFrZSBhIGxvb2sgYXQgdGhpcyBwaWN0dXJlIQ==?=

I do. I'm Catholic and have baptized both my children Catholic as infants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Replies (441-450):
ARmomOf3
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:04 AM

you had a pastor (your pastor?) baptise your child but you never believed in God until after this? so why did you have a pastor baptise your kid?

Quoting Robin_TripleA:

Yes. I got my son baptized in the hospital when he had almost died. He was about 9 hours old. The doctor had told me to start maing funeral arrangments. My pastor came, baptized him and left. My son started to get better almost immediatly. I never believed in God up until this point. :)

malxslady
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM

No. I feel it is wrong to baptize childern. I feel that as a parent we should expose them to as much as possible and then let they can choose what they want when they are older.

captainjack
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I do we are Catholic.

Robin_TripleA
by Triple Threat on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Because my husband and family are devoted Lutherans.

Quoting ARmomOf3:

you had a pastor (your pastor?) baptise your child but you never believed in God until after this? so why did you have a pastor baptise your kid?

Quoting Robin_TripleA:

Yes. I got my son baptized in the hospital when he had almost died. He was about 9 hours old. The doctor had told me to start maing funeral arrangments. My pastor came, baptized him and left. My son started to get better almost immediatly. I never believed in God up until this point. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:19 PM

No I personally do not. IMO baptism is a personal CHOICE that one makes to tie themselves to God and commit to him. A baby can not make that choice.

hkcason
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:25 PM
I believe baptism should be done when a child is old enough to understand. My church dedicated both my babies, basically presented them to the congregation & prayed they would come to walk w/ God. I have an issue w/ the catholic church & no disrespect to the women here who are catholic. It's my own personal thing. I was sprinkled as a baby, but when my parents marriage was annulled they wiped all record of me away. I can't agree w/ any religion who don't acknowledge children baptized into their church.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShontaRae
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:00 PM
We dedicate our kids to Christ and when they are old enough to understand what being saved means that is a decision for them to make with baptism. For us baptism is the next step in our faith after accepting Christ our lord and savior into our hearts and life. To each his own but we do not believe that baptizing an infant is necessary since all that have a child like mind will go to heaven.
vixen42
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM

thats not part of my religion but I don't judge other people

babie113
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Thank you :-) I try my hardest not to offend

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait why is this convo happening exactly?...you weren't bashing so just trying to find out why "start" is all on you?

I'm Christian but I don't hop on ppls stuff about not believing or trying to PROVE they are religious somehow.

Quoting babie113:

I personally Wouldn't lie to keep a job especially if i didnt like it anyway .if i did it depends on the lie can you give a example .....ps I'm a sahm

Quoting startupscafe:

Let's say that you told a lie to protect your job.  That is justifed, right?

Quoting babie113:

I would tell you to quit lying. It is a behaviour it doesn't define you as a person because its a temporary behaviour. If you lied to everyone all the time your a serial liar . And probably have a mental problem so then it would make you a liar with issues. Not a bad person in general.just a mess

Quoting startupscafe:

If I told you a lie, what would you call me?  Be more specific.

Quoting babie113:

Human lol

Quoting startupscafe:

What does it make someone who tells a lie?

Quoting babie113:

I don't have a religion I really don't .have I ever told a lie why yes I have everybody lies just like everybody makes mistakes but we learn from them. I haven't told a big lie since I was a kid. I learnt not to because it wasent worth the agro it caused. Have you ever lied?

Quoting startupscafe:

I wouldn't recommend "religion" to you.  But you do have your own religion.  Everybody does without realizing it.  (Sorry, I left the quote out in my last entry)

Have you ever told a lie?

Quoting babie113:

I don't believe I'm a good person I know I am. Religion or lack of doesn't make one a bad person. And I think its funny you think that story is reality .its not reality for me. And that doesn't say anything about me as a person.

Quoting startupscafe:

Of course you don't.  I didn't expect you to.  You can believe or not believe whatever you want, but just because you don't believe it doesn't change reality.

George Carlin knows whether it is true or not.  He didn't before, but he knows now.  I wish he would've known before.

Babie113, do you believe you are a good person?

Quoting babie113:

Yeah cool story but I don't believe any of it. But thanks for sharing :-)

Quoting startupscafe:

The world was perfect before Adam brought sin upon the whole world.  There was no death until Adam sinned.  If he had not sinned, he would still be alive today. 

As soon as a baby is born, he is born with a white robe on.  One problem though.  Because Adam brought sin upon the whole world, babies are born with a dirty robe on.  They are rebellious when they come out of the womb.  When you go to feed them, sometimes they rebelliously push the food away, etc.  Yes, we are all born in sin.  Because of Adam.

Romans 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

But to an atheist it shouldn't matter much.  Or should it?

Quoting babie113:

No I'm atheist. I think children should decide for themselves when older at a less imprestioable age and after doing reasearch .i also dont think babies are born sinners .but I'm atheist so ......yeah.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlg1989
Watashi wa anata o aishite Mugiwara Kaizokuban <3
Sunday at 11:49 PM
by ZombieMegg on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Wait...my post makes no sense...
lol
Oops. I really need to spell check before sending.

Quoting babie113:

Thank you :-) I try my hardest not to offend

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait why is this convo happening exactly?...you weren't bashing so just trying to find out why "start" is all on you?

I'm Christian but I don't hop on ppls stuff about not believing or trying to PROVE they are religious somehow.

Quoting babie113:

I personally Wouldn't lie to keep a job especially if i didnt like it anyway .if i did it depends on the lie can you give a example .....ps I'm a sahm

Quoting startupscafe:

Let's say that you told a lie to protect your job.  That is justifed, right?

Quoting babie113:

I would tell you to quit lying. It is a behaviour it doesn't define you as a person because its a temporary behaviour. If you lied to everyone all the time your a serial liar . And probably have a mental problem so then it would make you a liar with issues. Not a bad person in general.just a mess

Quoting startupscafe:

If I told you a lie, what would you call me?  Be more specific.

Quoting babie113:

Human lol

Quoting startupscafe:

What does it make someone who tells a lie?

Quoting babie113:

I don't have a religion I really don't .have I ever told a lie why yes I have everybody lies just like everybody makes mistakes but we learn from them. I haven't told a big lie since I was a kid. I learnt not to because it wasent worth the agro it caused. Have you ever lied?

Quoting startupscafe:

I wouldn't recommend "religion" to you.  But you do have your own religion.  Everybody does without realizing it.  (Sorry, I left the quote out in my last entry)

Have you ever told a lie?

Quoting babie113:

I don't believe I'm a good person I know I am. Religion or lack of doesn't make one a bad person. And I think its funny you think that story is reality .its not reality for me. And that doesn't say anything about me as a person.

Quoting startupscafe:

Of course you don't.  I didn't expect you to.  You can believe or not believe whatever you want, but just because you don't believe it doesn't change reality.

George Carlin knows whether it is true or not.  He didn't before, but he knows now.  I wish he would've known before.

Babie113, do you believe you are a good person?

Quoting babie113:

Yeah cool story but I don't believe any of it. But thanks for sharing :-)

Quoting startupscafe:

The world was perfect before Adam brought sin upon the whole world.  There was no death until Adam sinned.  If he had not sinned, he would still be alive today. 

As soon as a baby is born, he is born with a white robe on.  One problem though.  Because Adam brought sin upon the whole world, babies are born with a dirty robe on.  They are rebellious when they come out of the womb.  When you go to feed them, sometimes they rebelliously push the food away, etc.  Yes, we are all born in sin.  Because of Adam.

Romans 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

But to an atheist it shouldn't matter much.  Or should it?

Quoting babie113:

No I'm atheist. I think children should decide for themselves when older at a less imprestioable age and after doing reasearch .i also dont think babies are born sinners .but I'm atheist so ......yeah.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)