Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Atheist, can you drop it for one minute?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I told this joke about a guy who is stuck in a flood and his faith in God. In the end, God spoke to him which was the punchline. Before I go further, here is the joke (basically).

There was a man sitting on his porch and it started to rain and flood. A boat cam by and said, "Come on board, and i'll take care of u." and the man replied, "No I'm okay, God will take care of me." The next day the man sat on the balcony on the second floor with the water still rising and another boat came by and said, "Come on board, and I'll take care of u." and the man replied, "No God will take care of me." The third day the man sat on his roof and another boat came by and said, "Come board and I'll take care of u." and the man replied, "No, God will take care of me." They man drowned and died. When he went to hevan he asked God, "Lord, i thought you were gonna take care of me." and God replied, "Well I sent you three boats."

Literally within the first 10 seconds of me finishing the joke this girl starts on about how she is an atheist. It's like she was waiting for me to finish so she could say it. She said it was funny but it would have been funnier if she was a believer...I do believe in God but I don't believe in Genies, talking animals or any of the other things you hear in jokes, yet I can still enjoy them.

Can you as an Atheist find humor in religious/spiritual based jokes? (and not just the ones making fun of it, though I do enjoy those too lol)

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Replies (81-83):
brightonsmom12
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Yes it's just a joke
Clairwil
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I do believe in God but I don't believe in Genies, talking animals or any of the other things you hear in jokes

Do you believe the story about Balam's Ass?

eve210
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 4:57 AM
I heard something similar in "The pursuit of happiness". I love that movie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN