Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My new co-worker freaks me out! *EDIT*

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:53 AM
  • 20 Replies

So, they hired this new girl. 

Within the first few hours, she brings out the fact that her husband used to torture cats when he was younger. Not the best ice-breaker in my eyes. I mean, I think she could have lead with something a little less creepy...

Anyways, I let that go. 

Well, weeks have gone by and she never stops talking. Now I have learned these little tidbits:

Her husband has gone to jail for beating her once.

Her dad kidnapped her daughter once, so they (herself, husband and child) are always packed to disappear for a few days.

She couldn't take her husband's last name when they got married because he was has "Adult-Child Disability", so he technically wasn't supposed to get married.

She is applying for food stamps and they told her that she has to file for child support from her husband because he is on disability.

She has to go to court because of an old 'speeding' ticket from another state because she never paid the fine... which she added up to be over $500. 

Her husband has medical marijuana and smokes once or twice in a day... while watching their 2 year old daughter. And she has said "I've seen him not on pot... trust me, you want him to be smoking. He is scary otherwise!"

I don't know... I just get a strange vibe from her! Part of me feels like she is a pathological liar... and part of me is just freaked out by all of the things she is openly sharing with people she just met at her new job. 

Would you be a little uneasy around someone who had no problem spewing all of these details about her life? 

EDIT: 

I work at a local gas station. I know, top notch job... Whatever. 

And I guess the reason she gives me the creeps the most is because we work a lot of nights together and it ends up being just us... and she lives 2 blocks from me. 

I don't know. My gut is just telling me that there is something wrong with this picture.

Speaking of pictures, she has not once shown a picture of her kid or husband. I mean, if you're throwing all of this personal info out there, wouldn't you show a picture to go with it? 

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.FlutterShy.
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Id call cps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:55 AM
Hmmm
.FlutterShy.
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:55 AM
What field of work are you in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM
I agree with this

Quoting .FlutterShy.:

Id call cps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM
If hes on disability he has ni obligation to pay child support and they can't force him.to
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't feel uneasy. I would think she's got some major issues though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bren07
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:58 AM
I'd tell her to STFU and keep her personal life personal. Those are not things you share with co-workers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Sounds like someone who lies for attention. There a name for it but i can't think of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
r_h_stepmom
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM

See, that's what I mean... her stories never seem to add up right. They are married and living together... why would anyone force her to file for child support just to get denied so that they can get food stamps? Know what I mean? Doesn't make sense at all! 

Quoting Anonymous:

If hes on disability he has ni obligation to pay child support and they can't force him.to

Bren07
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, this! I don't care about medical mj but if they are having to run away from her own father and her husband is abusive and they aren't even supposed to be married then wtf is she thinking? That's not a safe environment for her child IMO.
eta- and CPS will find out if she's lying or not..

Quoting .FlutterShy.:

Id call cps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)