Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If one more person

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:41 AM
  • 54 Replies

asks me if my husband is really my baby's father, I'm going to throw a chair at their face. My husband is black, I am white, and our daughter is very light skinned. There have been SOOOO many skeptical people and even a few of my friends make jokes that she's not really his. Seriously, it's getting really old. She may be light skinned but she looks just like him AND NOTHING LIKE ME! GRRRR!!

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VannaMae307
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:43 AM
I see the similar nose and pointy ears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bgbd
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:43 AM
She is a spitting image of him
I have a biracial niece with blond hair/blue eyes. My sister used get asked all the time who her father "really" was
amberbrianne
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I honestly don't think she looks like him at all, but she is adorable!

smurfbitebug
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:45 AM
She sure is beautiful, whatever everybody's issue is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
talktojonell
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:45 AM
It's annoying, it will continue indefinitely ad nauseum, you will never get over it.

Been there done that bought the postcard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM
I see similarities between her and her dad and I could definitely look at her and know she's mixed. Lol. But that's just me.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Ugh I hate ignorant people. I've been asked on several occasions if I'm sure my daughters have the same father... I'm like.. Uhh yeah, I'm sure... One lady gave the the "Hmmm...." after.

karats
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Is he the dad? lol

jk I see it all in the ears!

AlyBren
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Better learn to control your anger, because it'll happen all her life if she stays light.

I'm a bit less than 1/2 Indian and most peoples' best guess as to my heritage is Irish or German. I'm very light in the winter, red hair. I get comments from everyone, including Indians, that I can't possibly be Indian of any %, or any kind of non-white. My father was lighter skinned but otherwise very Indian looking. I inherited most of my mother's features, though no one knows where the red hair came from.

It gets old, but it's just a fact of life. Gotta grow up at some point and realise that what other people think of you or her is none of your business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured