Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

?...if you can't pay your bills why would you have cable?

Posted by   + Show Post
In response and as an honest inquiry. If you cannot pay your bills or you are struggling to pay them why would you have cable or internet?

Am I crazy here?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:43 AM
You are absolutly right. I stuggle and theres no way un hell I am getting cablr anytime soon. I have internet and netflix it cost me 30 a month and we hook up our computer to the tv so we can watch some sort of tv. Ghetto I know but its better then no tv or paying a 200 cablr bill when im broke as shit lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Quoting Darkangelpunk:

Boredom is a terrible thing and some people cant afford to go out , like no transportation, or bad neighborhood that kids cant play outside. if i didnt have a car i would be staying inside a lot cuz its hot as hell outside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

What's a hot spot ?

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't pay my bills and I don't have cable... I have a hot spot that was given to me and the bill gets paid by the person who gave it to me... she got two units for the one account.  She has to pay for it anyway, so she gave us the extra one...we are very lucky.

ambermarie2006
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:02 AM

I have no idea. 

LuvMyBrennaBean
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't. We've gone for years without before, only getting it b/c FIL moved in with us and had to have it. If it becomes necessary in the coming months, it will be the first thing to go. 

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Quoting Bgbd:

Misplaced priorities

This!

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I agree, but sometimes when you sign up for cable and stuff you have the money and arent worried. Then things get tight and you are on a contract and can't cancel because it costs a lot of money. That happend to me and my husband a couple of years ago. We don't have cable anymore, just internet! :)

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

At my job I deal with people paying bills. I see people with shut of notices for electric and gas but cable is all paid up.

I think that's because they know they can get bailed out on the necessary bills. I hate that shitty entitled attitude.

Jeanniedoll
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:07 AM
I know that is so stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Internet I can see. It's a good resource for searching for jobs, school, etc. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to use a library.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)