Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

?...if you can't pay your bills why would you have cable?

Posted by   + Show Post
In response and as an honest inquiry. If you cannot pay your bills or you are struggling to pay them why would you have cable or internet?

Am I crazy here?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:07 AM
2 moms liked this

funny, this came up recently. i told my ex that i was going to turn cable off because i cant afford it. he told me that that would be unfair to our daughter who is 8! we never had cable when i was growing up and i am pretty sure our daughter will survive! hell she just might play with all the other crap she has here!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always wondered that. We don't have cable and we can actually afford it. I don't see it as a necessity.
hope_love_dream
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this

sometimes internet is needed for work/kids school

as for cable: no idea. hulu and netflix are cheaper

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:09 AM

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Cable isn't necessary. Internet can be. You can also access the internet in a lot of places. Unsecured neighbors networks, library, McDonalds, burger king, Starbucks etc. Face it, everything is going electronic nowadays. Wanna apply for a job? Application is online. Sorry, this company only communicates via email. School is online, work is online. Welcome to 2012.

Though we only have cable because we absolutely have to have internet for both our jobs and it's $20 CHEAPER to have cable with our internet. We were paying $70a month for just internet and now pay $50 for faster internet and basic cable. Go figure...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
talktojonell
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Did the sales person tell you this?

Spending more to get a better price is ridonculous if you don't have the money.

It's just jackanine stupidity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because now,even if you can't afford cable,you need it for your phone internet,and phone,which can save you lots of money,if you get them together.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

ever heard of a converter box and an antenna

CocoBeen
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:12 AM
I have lived in several places when renting that cable was included.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imafuswb
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:12 AM
We couldn't, so we don't. We need to have Internet for our jobs, but we have the cheapest connection available from our provider.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassie19831
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:13 AM

I have cable and am on disability..  *Gasp* Ok well let me explain we get free cable in our apartment. It comes already in and we don't ever watch it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)