Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

not as great as i thought he was.

Posted by   + Show Post

my dh thast is. we've been together 4 yrs, and married two in july. in the beginning it was great. we would do things with my ds, and go out and such. 

now all he wants to do is sit around and watch tv, drink and then go to fucking bed at 7pm. im always with the kids, or was with my 18 month old all day every day bc my ds was in school. now hes out of school, so now i have two to deal with all day everyday by myself. 

he won't even watch the kids so i can go out somewhere other than the dollar store for 5 minutes, unless theyre in bed and sleeping. 

i get he works all day. i get hes tired, but he really doesn't do much at work. he works with my dad, i know what he does. 

i do EVERYTHING in this house and for the kids and with the kids and im sick of it!

im telling him tonight that he better man up or im finding someone who will!

just so tired of it.

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Replies (21-27):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Al anon family groups are for family or friends of alcoholics. You can attend whether or not your husband seeks treatment for himself. It is really the best advice I can give anyone who is or has ever lived with or has even known an alcoholic. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i don't need AA. he does. he won't go. the only time he leaves the house is to buy more beer. 

he has never been in the car with the kids alone. he has never taken either of them anywhere by himself. well, once he took my 6 yr old to the store to get more beer. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I recommend you leave out that last little bit about finding someone who will. 

Alcoholism is a progressive disease. It gets worse. I suggest you get yourself to an al anon meeting asap. whether you choose to stay with him or not , those meetings can help. I have seen kids there too so bringing your little ones should not be a problem.

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM

i don't think it has anything to do with us. it has to do with him being fucking lazy. i do all house work. kids. i mow the yard, if something needs to be fixed i either fix it, or im the one to call the landlord. 

i do literally EVERYTHING except make the money. though, i did go out and get a job, bc i was bored at home and to help him out. but he doesn't like me working. he doesn't like the baby in daycare. well, tough shit. i told him i wasn't quitting. and its not like i work every single day. im very part time. like, i have worked in two weeks part time! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

he hasn't gotten worse in his drinking. what has gotten worse is his wanting to not do anything. he just sits in the house all night. we have not gone out once together as husband and wife. our first year aniverary i told him i wanted to go to dinner but instead sat on my ass on cm all night. 

valentines day? i got a card he bought at the gas station just before he went to bed. 

im just so tired of defending him to people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Alcoholics don't stay the same. Unless they get treatment, things get worse.

Do you think his drinking has nothing to do with the fact that he don't go out with you? Or do things with the family? I know, its a hard life. Work on a plan for you and your children Mama.  Stay safe and I hope only the best for you. I would start with NOT defending him to other people.

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:24 AM

oh,, didnt know that. thanks. i will look it up and find something around here. thanks

Quoting Anonymous:

Al anon family groups are for family or friends of alcoholics. You can attend whether or not your husband seeks treatment for himself. It is really the best advice I can give anyone who is or has ever lived with or has even known an alcoholic. 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i don't need AA. he does. he won't go. the only time he leaves the house is to buy more beer. 

he has never been in the car with the kids alone. he has never taken either of them anywhere by himself. well, once he took my 6 yr old to the store to get more beer. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I recommend you leave out that last little bit about finding someone who will. 

Alcoholism is a progressive disease. It gets worse. I suggest you get yourself to an al anon meeting asap. whether you choose to stay with him or not , those meetings can help. I have seen kids there too so bringing your little ones should not be a problem.

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM

the firemans carnival starts tonight with a parade. im gonna ask him if he wants to go, if he doesn't then i'll take my kids and i'll talk to him when the kids go to bed tonight. 

the other thing is though when he does go anywhere with us, he wants to leave 10 minutes after we get there.....bc he wants his beer. so to be honest, i don't ask him if he wants to go anywhere anymore. but he should WANT to!

angevil53
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM

what a lazy bastard. that's all i have.

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I know how you feel.  My DH works really really hard, and when he gets home I bring him dinner.  The house is clean, kids are taken care of, blah blah blah.  Yesterday I decided to clean the house good instead of running our errands (I had a lot of stores to go to & it's not easy with 4 kids).  So went when he got home, after I fixd him dinner (yes, it was a crappy dinner but at least I fed the man), I ran my errands.  Yes, I was gone for 4 hours...but I had a lot to do!  I wasn't shopping for myself, I didn't enjoy myself at all.  And he bitched & bitched b/c I left him with the kids.  WTF!!!  They are his kids!!! 

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM

right?! men are great until theyr realize what playing house really is. i bitched for two years to get married. finally did. i bitched about our trailer being too small for all of us, so we sold it and are renting this house. i told him it would be beneficial to buy a house. we had one pretty much handed to us, and we were approved for a loan up to 120k. all he had to do was sign the papers. he told me if i could find a way to get the money the house i wanted we could get it....he didnt think i would find a way. so hes sticking with he doesnt' like the house. now its on the marketfor 25k more than what she was gonna give to us for. 

we're never buying a house. 

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I know how you feel.  My DH works really really hard, and when he gets home I bring him dinner.  The house is clean, kids are taken care of, blah blah blah.  Yesterday I decided to clean the house good instead of running our errands (I had a lot of stores to go to & it's not easy with 4 kids).  So went when he got home, after I fixd him dinner (yes, it was a crappy dinner but at least I fed the man), I ran my errands.  Yes, I was gone for 4 hours...but I had a lot to do!  I wasn't shopping for myself, I didn't enjoy myself at all.  And he bitched & bitched b/c I left him with the kids.  WTF!!!  They are his kids!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN