Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't make anything my husband will eat

Posted by   + Show Post

It's true. I love my husband, I want him to be happy and eat dinner with the family, but he acts like a kid when it comes to food.

I used to only cook how he wanted and we both got fat. There is nothing healthy about what he wants to eat.

Here are his food rules:

Nothing creamy

The only veggies he will eat are: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cooked onions finely minced, potatoes (french fries and baked potatoes only) and cucumber (julienned in sushi only)

No nuts

No condiments

No beans.

He only likes pasta made from white flour.

He will rarely eat eggs, and they have to be perfectly over medium and there is a 1 egg to 4 piece of bread ratio.

He will eat unlimited amounts of meat and cheese.

I'm currently vegan, but after my son weans or grows out of his milk protein intolerance I think I'll have to move to vegetarianism just to find some middle ground.

Any suggestions?

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Replies (21-30):
L1558
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Geez. Food is delicious, unless it's allergies, why so many rules?

Mine is probably: "curb the processed crap and eat real food". No HFCS, cut out refined flours, fake butters (real is where it's at), tons of sodium, and aspartame. Whole grains, lean meats, local produce, and organics wherever I can afford them. And I have to have chocolate and a glass of wine on the weekend, preferably while reading or soaking in the tub.

If my husband doesn't like what I shop for or make, he can shop or cook it himself.

That list of his was so limiting. My daughter was raised on black beans, lentils, squash, beets, alfalfa, quinoa, tofu, deer, etc. Why limit them? Chicken nuggets and fries are so effing boring!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Do you only cook vegan? Or will you cook him something that involves meat?

chloesmommy777
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's another one:

Today's Special:

Take it or Leave it

Quoting GibsonSD92:

Oh my God, where did you get it?? Lol. My DH needs one of these on every wall just so he doesn't forget when he turns around. :)

Quoting JZB:

Wow, I have a sign in my kitchen

"This isn't Burger King

You don't get your way 

You take it my way 

or you don't get a damn thing"

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I've been there hun.  We both got fat.  He won't even eat cooked onions, minced, in stuff...like spaghetti or chili. No tomatoes either.  I turned us vegan for a while and he had a fit lol. 

Now I'm back to cooking things he'll eat...but me & the kids only have a small portion of that.  The rest of our plates are fruits & veggies.  So the average DH's plate is: 90% meat & potatoes (or bread), 10% fruits & veggies.  Mine & the kids are 20% meat & starches, 80% fruits & veggies.

MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Tell him he can cook his own food then. If he wants to bitch about the food you make for him then don't make it. If he doesn't like it he will either make it himself or starve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommototwo
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I've seriously wondered if he's on the autism spectrum. He will not eat any foods not on that list because the texture is wrong. He accidentally got a taco with sour cream on it once and immediately threw up all over me.

Quoting L1558:

Geez. Food is delicious, unless it's allergies, why so many rules?

Mine is probably: "curb the processed crap and eat real food". No HFCS, cut out refined flours, fake butters (real is where it's at), tons of sodium, and aspartame. Whole grains, lean meats, local produce, and organics wherever I can afford them. And I have to have chocolate and a glass of wine on the weekend, preferably while reading or soaking in the tub.

If my husband doesn't like what I shop for or make, he can shop or cook it himself.

That list of his was so limiting. My daughter was raised on black beans, lentils, squash, beets, alfalfa, quinoa, tofu, deer, etc. Why limit them? Chicken nuggets and fries are so effing boring!

fostermomoftwo
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM

uh i dont know my hubby eats whatever i put on the table if he likes it or not. GL

Mommototwo
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Doesn't it make you absolutely nuts?!

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I've been there hun.  We both got fat.  He won't even eat cooked onions, minced, in stuff...like spaghetti or chili. No tomatoes either.  I turned us vegan for a while and he had a fit lol. 

Now I'm back to cooking things he'll eat...but me & the kids only have a small portion of that.  The rest of our plates are fruits & veggies.  So the average DH's plate is: 90% meat & potatoes (or bread), 10% fruits & veggies.  Mine & the kids are 20% meat & starches, 80% fruits & veggies.

theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:23 AM

you can cook healthy dishes with beef and low fat cheese. Use lean beef, low fat cheese, and multi grain pasta (that looks just like white flour pasta)

Mommototwo
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I can just barely tolerate cooking bacon, so I have made him that. I haven't been able to stomach the sight/smell of cooking meat since my 2nd pregnancy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you only cook vegan? Or will you cook him something that involves meat?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN