Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

s/o of pedophile post edit

Do you think all sex offenders are sex offenders?

If you see someone on guard dog and they say that person is a sex offender do you automatically think they did something to a child?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
NiCo86
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Not a pedophile for damn sure! But being on that lost amongsts the rapeists and child molesters, he's treated as such! There should be a definite separation in conviction for sexual offenses. His "crime" was consensual and non aggressive. Hell, the family didn't even want to press charges!!!!! And yet 14 years after his girlfriend, he's still filing, still being inappeopriately labeled (has missed out on job opportunities even). There needs to be a separation on the registry. I also think that 15 years after release (so had sex with her at 19, convicted at 21, released from jail at 23, and has to file until he is 38 years old .......) is a bit much! ESPECIALLY since to "set a precedence" he got maximum prison sentence! IDK I think the whole system needs to be revamped

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NiCo86:

NO! My DH was 19 w a 15 year old girlfriend (the law is 4 years, they were literally 4 years 2 1/2 weeks). Took them 2 years to convict, he spent 21-23 in prison!! And then had to register for 15 years .... He is now 33. Married. Two kids. Home owner. Gainfully employed. And still has to register >:-| NO I do not believe that all sex offenders on the list should be classified as "sex offenders"

Technically he committed a crime and was found guilty. He is paying for his crime. What would you classify your DH as?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM
They use technical law descriptions, which in themselves can be both vague and expansive. People CAN google the convictions, but most don't.

Quoting Buttercup0829:

I do unless I know the person and situation. With my kids I would rather be safe then sorry.

That said, on the sex offender website it IS listed why the person is on there and what age range the victim was in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyBugs
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:54 AM
In all honesty yes...simply because my middle child was molested and there is no way I am taking any chances any more...we had a registered offender move a house away from my childrens bus stop and the next day I was talking to the police chief and made sure he had to move...no chances what so ever for me...no one listened to me the first time I said something was wrong and this shit will not happen again not on my watch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Basically you are saying his crime of having consensual sex with an underage minor means that he shouldn't be put on a list with other individudals that also committed a SEX CRIME. Doesn't matter what level of crime he has committed. He committed a crime, was found guilty, sent to jail, and now has to own up to his punishment. If he didn't want to have such harsh consquences maybe he should have had sex with someone closer in his age. 

Quoting NiCo86:

Not a pedophile for damn sure! But being on that lost amongsts the rapeists and child molesters, he's treated as such! There should be a definite separation in conviction for sexual offenses. His "crime" was consensual and non aggressive. Hell, the family didn't even want to press charges!!!!! And yet 14 years after his girlfriend, he's still filing, still being inappeopriately labeled (has missed out on job opportunities even). There needs to be a separation on the registry. I also think that 15 years after release (so had sex with her at 19, convicted at 21, released from jail at 23, and has to file until he is 38 years old .......) is a bit much! ESPECIALLY since to "set a precedence" he got maximum prison sentence! IDK I think the whole system needs to be revamped

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NiCo86:

NO! My DH was 19 w a 15 year old girlfriend (the law is 4 years, they were literally 4 years 2 1/2 weeks). Took them 2 years to convict, he spent 21-23 in prison!! And then had to register for 15 years .... He is now 33. Married. Two kids. Home owner. Gainfully employed. And still has to register >:-| NO I do not believe that all sex offenders on the list should be classified as "sex offenders"

Technically he committed a crime and was found guilty. He is paying for his crime. What would you classify your DH as?

KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I always look at the offense but luckily for me there are no sex offenders allowed to live in my neighborhood.

KitschyGirl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I'm sorry, a 19 year old and a 15 is disgusting

Quoting Anonymous:

Basically you are saying his crime of having consensual sex with an underage minor means that he shouldn't be put on a list with other individudals that also committed a SEX CRIME. Doesn't matter what level of crime he has committed. He committed a crime, was found guilty, sent to jail, and now has to own up to his punishment. If he didn't want to have such harsh consquences maybe he should have had sex with someone closer in his age. 

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NiCo86:

Photobucket   Photobucket

Be kind to me or treat me mean, I'll make the most of it I'm an extraordinary machine.

jonellg
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Either way I don't want them around.

ProudMomma1022
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Doesnt matter if it would have been closer in age. The day a man turns 18 he cannot touch a girl who may be even a year younger hell a few months for the chance that he could be charged as a sex offender! My hubby could fall into this class. I was 17 when we started dating and he was 22 when we were fooling around i was 16. And my dad caught us having sex, but decided not to press charges! But it doesnt matter a 17 year old girls parents could charge her 18 yr old boyfriend if they wanted to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NiCo86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM
So say your 18 yr old brother had sex with his 16 year old girlfriend and her parents press charges you wouldnt want your brother around?

Quoting jonellg:

Either way I don't want them around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Jesus Christ ...

"there needs to be a separation in the registry" "the whole system needs to be revamped"

I'm so happy for you that real life doesn't occur in your world! Not everything is black and white honey!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NiCo86:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NiCo86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)