Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I accidently killed...f**k me. UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My daughters betta fish last night. :( I was changing his water, and he fell down the garbage disposal. My dh got him out, but he didn't make it. I think he may have gotten soap on him or something.

She hasn't noticed yet. What should I tell her? I plan on getting her another one, but what do I say in the mean time?

Edit- She just noticed. I just told her the truth. She just kinda stared at me, and told me she wants a blue one. Whew! Haha I didn't tell her HOW hah! She would be tramatized! I just said he got sick, then went to fishy heaven.
Thanks ladies. It was easier than I thought. :)

I bought her two goldfish like 3 hours ago. They are both dead. Wtf???? What am I doing wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinsies041
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM
How old is she
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM
She is four.
mcr17
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:29 PM

try to find one with the same colors before she notices and just put it in the tank?

my daughter has fish too, she seemed to care more that one of them had babies than any of them dying.

squag.mom

Can you replace it before she notices?

mistyinlove

my kids are 2 and 4 i told them that is sad but kaji died

then a few months later i'm sorry kids but aisu died too

(we had 2 beta fish)

now a few months later our new beta fish sindel is still alive

its the facts of life and if they cry thats normal life too they will get over it and it will help them to understand death in a not- so- serious manner

3ladybugsmom
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I would tell her the truth. I did when the same thing happened to ours and my girls are fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissAmanda88
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Our fish went to heaven.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Well, I hid the tank. I am going to see if I can find another one. But my hubby works all day so I have to take her with me to buy another one.

Quoting mcr17:

try to find one with the same colors before she notices and just put it in the tank?

my daughter has fish too, she seemed to care more that one of them had babies than any of them dying.

SJG1013
by SJG on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not sure what to tell her, But i would bring her to the store to pick out a new fish. It would seem more special for her. Good luck.

mcr17
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM

yeah i can see how that would be a problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I hid the tank. I am going to see if I can find another one. But my hubby works all day so I have to take her with me to buy another one.

Quoting mcr17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)