Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i just shaved my 10 yr old's legs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 378 Replies
4 moms liked this

and boy oh boy was there a TON of hair!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Lol!

I can remember shaving for the first time....and how grown up I felt!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shorty00207450
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

at least no one will make fun of her. and i bet she feels better 2.

Bren07
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM
7 moms liked this
Ah, the first shave. Lol. I remember when my mom finally let me star shaving my legs. I was so happy to not be fuzzy any more. She didn't help me though. Just showed me what to do and said be careful around your ankles and knees. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawnzilla
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM
9 moms liked this
Omg my 7 year old looks like a Sasquatch. I've always told her not until she was 12.. But that may come a little early LOL it's that Italian and German blood.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM
I bought my dd an electric razor for her 10th. I should have done it sooner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Waxing would be a better choice since the razor will make more hair grow and it will be thicker. 

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM
4 moms liked this

I had to beg my mother to let me shave my legs.  it finally took my own older brothers championing my cause to get her to relent. IE making fun of me and telling my mother how disgusting it was.  I was HAIRY.  As soon as my daughter is bothered by it I will help her either shave or nair them etc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:23 PM

She wanted to do it right now before an event.  I have a full waxing appointment for July for a vacation.... I might bring her with me.  She has had her brows done for years now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Waxing would be a better choice since the razor will make more hair grow and it will be thicker. 

ashleywright88
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL I will never forget the first time I shaved my legs. My stepmother showed me how and I was eight years old. I got on a bathing suit and jumped in the bath and she taught me. Boy was my Mom MAD! But I had so much hair on my legs, I just wanted to not get made fun of.

KitT.Kat
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM
69 moms liked this

Good.

My mom forced my little sister to be hairy for years because she was "too young." Well, obviously she wasn't too young because she looked like bigfoot and she was teased terribly for it. 

I ended up shaving her legs for her and showing her how to do it herself when she was about 10.

I don't understand moms who put an age on this kind of thing. If the hair is there, they are old enough. I wonder if they would put an age on wearing a bra. "Sorry hon, I know you're a c-cup but you're only 11, no bra for you for another year!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN