Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else find it ironic....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

That there has been alot of talk lately about banning all sodas from restaurants (forgot which state)

Yet, there is still not a ban on restaurants allowing customers to leave and drive home when they have had too much to drink????? (In other words not enforcing designated drivers)

Every night every day of the week there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of drivers on the road that have had too much to drin.  Yet we're worried about soda?

Also, for the record, alcohol is loaded with calories too. If we are going to bad soda, we might as well ban alcohol too!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rphardwick
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I had not heard this , if its true then yes its ironic

pamk5641
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Yes, that's in New York City, another healthy idea from Mayor Blumberg.

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM

*bloomberg**

Quoting pamk5641:

Yes, that's in New York City, another healthy idea from Mayor Blumberg.

sunshinebebe26
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM

that's dumb.. when restaurants stop serving soda i quit going.. i hate the gov constantly trying to tell us what to do....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Ok then ban bakeries for selling fattening cakes fries cooked in grease for that matter ban all items fried from all menus
beerabitch69
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Gah!!! Not alcohol!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunnySideUp6
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate being babysat by the fucking goverment. I'm an adult, I can make my own choices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tracylynnr67
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM

That's kind of crazy! A couple of weeks ago I went to Wendy's and ordered a sweet tea (nothing else, just the sweet tea) and the cashier saw a tax pop up and asked the manager who told her that the tax was a sugar tax. I was taxed for buying a sweet tea because of the sugar in it BUT I wouldn't have been taxed for buying a triple bacon cheeseburger or whatever it is Wendy's sells. I don't eat fast food (we gave it up years ago) so I have no clue who sells what but I am pretty certain that the majority of the food is far worse for me than a sweet tea and it is ironic to be taxed for the extra sugar in the tea vs. being taxed for the extra fat in the food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Glad I'm not a soda drinker..I barely even drink liquor

tginn20
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM

So they are going to take pop out of resturants...but not the fried and greasy foods?!? C'mon?!? Seriously??? How about people start taking charge of their own lives and eating habits and not relying on the government to do it for them. It's sad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured