Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sahm or working mom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you preferto be sahm lr working mom?

Options:

Sahm

Working mom

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 91

View Results

Do you prefer to be..
A sahm or working mom? What your thoughts...
And isnt just me or do other people look down at stay at home moms?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Replies (61-70):
Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I am a working mom and I enjoy it and it works for us

Mom2theboy1994
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a housewife. I've had a high-stress, high-powered career. I think I'm much better at running my home. :)

BUT! I have no problems with moms who have, or choose to work. I think for a lot of them it makes them a better mother. For others, they don't have a choice, but they are strong enough to do what they have to do to ensure their children are cared for.

I think moms who love their children and do their best by them are the best moms in the world, working or not. :)

Hannah-Belle
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I always get shit from working Moms when I say it this way but IMO (that means- in MY opinion, just in case anyone is unclear) I don't want to have babies so that someone else can raise them. I want to stay home until my kids start school because I feel that is best for my kids. To each their own.

atyou
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Sahm definitely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I have been a sahm on and off for awhile now. I worked for awhile after my kids were all in school and then became a sahm again. Both have pros and cons. I like being home with my kids when they are home but when they are not I get bored. I never felt looked down at for being a sahm. Nobody ever treated me that way but I was told that I was wasting all my education for being a sahm but I wasn't :). 

tryinagain85
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM

i have always had a job since i was 15...i love to work for my own paycheck...i cant say that i prefer one over the other, but i have just been used to working. i stayed at home for 6 wks after my first child, i started getting somewhat depressed, my second child i only stayed at home for 3 wks, i was missing working and i was going crazy being at home all the time. work is like my getaway time for myself. it is hard working full time and being a mom full time, but it is what i chose to do and i would not change it for anything. being a mom period is hard at times, so kuddos to both working moms and SAHM.

mommybug77
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I've been a sahms for 13 years. It is the best job in the world for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:26 PM
They do.. It ashame!

Quoting itsm3:

was working but now a SAHM. due to government regulations, i had to end my contract, i didn't want to sign on full time with the company with which i was consulting, didn't feel like negotiating another contract so i decided to just take the summer off.  i'm totally loving it!

and i think it's the other way around (esp on here) - wm get called all sorts of bad things on CM :(

IWannaLoveAgain
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I'm a working mom and I love it. 

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I never would have thought I would love being a SAHm until i became one. Im good at it!! 

wedding ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured