Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Things About Summer?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

Kids are out of school, I've practically lived in a bikini for weeks now, I'm tan, I'm happy, we have parties almost every night now that its warm enough to sit on the deck all night.  Lightnin bugs, barefeet,  butterflies, and gardening, we've managed to take two weekend beach trips so far this year, and 2 campin trips (a 3rd comin up next weekend!)...  Kids and dogs to the park almost every day, and our neighbor has a pool, and she gave us a pool key  : )  This has so far been the best summer ever, and we've got a long way to go!

Are you a summer person?  Whats your fav. things about summer?  If you dont like summer, feel free to bitch about it, as long as you promise to listen to me bitch in January LOL! 

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Meand5
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Best investment ever.... brought the kids a nice size pool and it keeps them very occupied lol I'm planning plenty of beach trips we been once so far a camping trip is planned and plenty bbq's... oh and my new house has central air!!!! One happy camper over here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaHuney
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:43 PM

LOL, yea my central air is broken damn it!  LOL, gotta get someone out here ASAP, we're mid heat wave right now!  We're lookin into gettin one of those 3ft deep above ground pools, but havent decided for sure yet.  Best advice for the beach IMO- bring your pool if its small enough, or invest in one of those little inflatables and set it up right on the beach!, keeps my kids from wanting to stand right on the edge of danger in the waves all day lol, every time I go to sit down they're like "mom, can you take me to the water again?"  LOL

Quoting Meand5:

Best investment ever.... brought the kids a nice size pool and it keeps them very occupied lol I'm planning plenty of beach trips we been once so far a camping trip is planned and plenty bbq's... oh and my new house has central air!!!! One happy camper over here!

Meand5
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:11 PM
That is so funny..do u fill ur pool up with beach water? My pool is just right for my kids its huge but not deep it comes to my knees

Quoting AnnaHuney:

LOL, yea my central air is broken damn it!  LOL, gotta get someone out here ASAP, we're mid heat wave right now!  We're lookin into gettin one of those 3ft deep above ground pools, but havent decided for sure yet.  Best advice for the beach IMO- bring your pool if its small enough, or invest in one of those little inflatables and set it up right on the beach!, keeps my kids from wanting to stand right on the edge of danger in the waves all day lol, every time I go to sit down they're like "mom, can you take me to the water again?"  LOL

Quoting Meand5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnaHuney
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Yea LOL, I just carry up a few big sand castle buckets full of water from the ocean and fill it up LOL

Quoting Meand5:

That is so funny..do u fill ur pool up with beach water? My pool is just right for my kids its huge but not deep it comes to my knees

Quoting AnnaHuney:

Quoting Meand5:

Meand5
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM
That is too cute because i know they have a ball...its like ur bringing sand to the beach lol

Quoting AnnaHuney:

Yea LOL, I just carry up a few big sand castle buckets full of water from the ocean and fill it up LOL

Quoting Meand5:

Quoting AnnaHuney:

Quoting Meand5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured