Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms are lazy if not breastfeeding their baby!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Moms who formula feed are lazy.
Also, they shouldn't receive free formula through WIC.
There are so many benefits for breastfeeding not just for baby, but also the mother.
Not to mention it is FREE!
Why would you choose to give your baby unhealthy stuff (formula) when you can give them the healthiest food possible for them?
Many formula fed babies are overweight unlike most breastfed babies.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Replies (621-630):
Shelley927
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Quoting hope_love_dream:

Quoting Shelley927:

Quoting Randi02:

How did you feed your baby for 6 weeks if they wouldn't 'take to the boob'?

Why didn't you see a certified lactation consultant?

Quoting Shelley927:

I dont agree at all ....I tried for 6 weeks to feed my son on breastmilk and he wouldnt take to the boob and this was with the help of a nurse.....So not all moms are lazy sometimes the baby dont want the boob.....Not only that but you never know who might have been raped or molested as a kid and it is really uncomfortable with doing that .....So before you say moms are lazy if they dont breastfeed , you might want to look at the bigger picture.....

For 6 weeks I followed what I was told to do but my son just didnt take to the boob....So I was trying and turns out it was not me but him.....I pumped milk after a few hours and fed him that way......You just got to understand that sometimes the babies dont want the boob or some may have a sucking problem......

you don't have to explain yourself to her. she'll find something wrong with anything you tell her, and she will make you feel bad. she is no one to judge or to tell you how to do something. as long as your baby is healthy, you're doing fine. <3

Thank you Hope......you are right I dont need to explain myself to anyone......thank you.......I have been thinking about all of this and I did what was right for myson and I ......You are good people...

twinsies041
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:20 PM
Your so cool stirring up old shit with an anon button.
STFU
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I wish I could have breastfed.

It would have been much cheaper,healthier and easier. Formula feeding was a pain in the ass.

Knowing that my son in the NICU being fed formula could have contributed to him dying kills me a little bit inside. I pumped constantly for him, but it wasnt enough. Knowing my body doesnt work properly enough to feed my babies is pretty heartbreaking.

MamaCeleste0722
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM
I'm saying this as a breastfeeding advocate, or lactivist if you will. I don't understand the point of insulting a mother's choice. What is insulting them supposed to accomplish?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyKsTXBunch
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I wouldn't say lazy, actually breastfeeding is easier than formula feeding. I'd say a woman who chooses not to breastfeed (if they can produce milk, which it's only a small percent who really can't) is just uneducated and/or ignorant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gingerwaves
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

There are so many benefits for breastfeeding not just for baby, but also the mother.
Why would you choose to give your baby unhealthy stuff (formula) when you can give them the healthiest food possible for them?

i'd just like to inform anyone who reads this that wic is for women of low income and is a program designed to help pregnant women and their children have good nutrition. It has nothing to do with bottle or breast fed.
shannoncrattie
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

WIC encourages breastfeeding.  But WIC is designed to help low income Women, Infants and Children.  Isn't the overall goal of WIC to feed children and keep them healthy?

And how can you keep a child healthy that you can't feed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 80 on Aug. 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Some moms who formula feed could be lazy, but their not, it takes alot to formula feed, bc you have to find the right formula.. I formula feed, bc I have twins! And feeding twins while possible by breastfeeding its def harder, my twins were NICU babies for a month and while in the NICU I pumped for them but didnt make enough to feed both, so I had to go to formula feeding.. so you need to get your information straight before you judge someone..

myangels2
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM
This EBF'ing mama would like to say, shut the f*#k up!

Have a nice day...;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Aug. 27, 2012 at 5:17 PM

blah, blah, blah.

I am willing to listen to anyone on their views concerning bf vs. ff, but not when it's directed as if to say "I am better than you"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN