Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms who spank!!!! *edit 2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Question: what age did you start and why?

*edit
I ask because a friend of mine started spanking her one year old. I don't spank, nor do I plan to. I have nothing against those who do, but 1 seemed young. Im just trying to understand what the "norm" is.

*edit 2
If you don't spank and are only in here to bash the honest moms, please get out. This was not meant to start a debate. And a disclaimer: I'm not the anon bashing those who have answered
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
mommieof1b4g
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM

my 1yr old gets a swat on the hand or a tap on the diaper. my 3 5 & 7 yr olds all get spankens for being bad.

stykir
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

i started around 2. i think 1 yr olds are still really good with redirection. around 2 is when my 2 kids started doing things with the intent to push thier limits. i still try to redirect or do a timeout or something first, but they know that a spanking is not out of the question if they don't behave.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM

it worked with my (almost) 5yo and 3yo :)

Quoting bennysmama10:

This is what we did/ still do with our son, he's 2 now.

Quoting bustybee:

I already "spank" my 8mo. I do it so it is not this suprise in discipline. if he attacks the cat I will give him 1 warning and then a tap on the butt and remove him or the cat. I don't really consider it discipline until about 18 mos when they should be old enough to follow simple instructions :)

Soon2BMamaOf1
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM

My nephew got "smacks" starting around 10 months...when we told him "no" and he understood, but would do the same thing again to test. only safety thiungs, like reaching for the light socket or something else dangerous. He is 13 months now, and pretty good at listening when you tell him no or ask him to do something. I also feel it has eveerything to do with the individual child and their level of understanding. (BTW it wasnt me doing the spanking. just sharing the experience)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM

i spanked i believe before then but its just a swat or two on the butt. i dont spank really anymore unless its horrible deal. as they get older i tend to spank less and less though

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Quoting bustybee:

I already "spank" my 8mo. I do it so it is not this suprise in discipline. if he attacks the cat I will give him 1 warning and then a tap on the butt and remove him or the cat. I don't really consider it discipline until about 18 mos when they should be old enough to follow simple instructions :)

i think if you hit a baby then that is abuse and you should have the baby taken from you, you are a shitty mother. i can't believe you would hit a baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM

When my dd understood the meaning of no/wrong/stop/ect.  I only do it if she can get seriously hurt (pulling away from me in a parking lot or reaching for the stove/oven).  The first time she was 3 1/2.  One is too young IMHO.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

yes becuase I just said I spank the goddamn kid so fucking hard that it leaves a mark and makes him cry. some broken ribs will teach the little fucker. oO I said "tap" not hit. I don't do it hard, I show the action so that they don't become afaid of a spanking but so they learn action=consequence. there is a BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE between what you are accusing and what I am saying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bustybee:

i think if you hit a baby then that is abuse and you should have the baby taken from you, you are a shitty mother. i can't believe you would hit a baby.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:52 AM

At 2 yrs old or when they learn the word "No".

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)