I'm grieving...and I'd like to hit the next person who says:
2. God must've needed her more.
3. I know exactly how you feel.
4. How are you? (and not mean it)
5. At least your kids are young enough to not remember.
6. It could be worse.
7. You have to be strong for your kids.
8. She wouldn't have wanted you to be this upset.
9. Everything happens for a reason.
10. God doesn't give us more than we can handle.
11. Just be glad you had her this long.
12. It will be ok.
13. When asking why, being told to blame Adam and Eve and original sin.
14. Time heals all wounds.
15. Let me know if you need anything.
I'm not meaning to be a bitch by making this list. Some of these are obviously offensive, but some of them we have all said. I am guilty of saying many of them to other people without knowing how terrible they are to hear. I'll never say any of these again to a grieving person.
Does anyone else agree that those things are more hurtful than helpful? Am I leaving any out?