Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My cat can turn on lights!

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM
  • 15 Replies
So this morning my alarm clock goes off and I roll over and see that my closet light is on. I know I turned it off because I like my room to be as dark as possible but I couldnt figure out how the hell the light was on.

About 10 minutes later the light was off and I was thinking wtf!?!?!

About 5 minutes later I walk in the bedroom and my cat meeko was on the desk which just so happens to be under the light switch. Meeko starts rubbing her face on the switch causing the light to turn off and on.

Yup smart cat I have here, and she's not even the one I plan to send to an ivy league college!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Here's my smart girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadrama15
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Lol my cat does the same thing. Another cute trick he learned was turning off my alarm on my phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM

haha, cute! 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Oh wow. Yeah thankfully mine don't do that because they would be in deep doodoo.

Quoting mamadrama15:

Lol my cat does the same thing. Another cute trick he learned was turning off my alarm on my phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcampbell288
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

my poodle watches tv.he also "mothers" my 7 yr old. if she is doing something she should  and im not around he will start howling. so that i will come check. (as apposed to just coming and barking. )this way he can still keep an eye on her.

he also is VERY well trained and can do some tricks. but he will not do anything for you unless you say please.. gotta love animals

iluv2meow
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

my cat opens cupboards and doors.

mamadrama15
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Lol yea I nearly was late to work one day since I slept in way past my alarm.

Quoting Roxygurl:

Oh wow. Yeah thankfully mine don't do that because they would be in deep doodoo.

Quoting mamadrama15:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rose0919

lol, i had to get rid of my touch lamps because my  rottie used to touch them with her nose and turn them on. it would freak me out when i was home alone!

bi-polarmommy

my cat can open the front door from the outside

the dogs kept getting out front and i couldn't figure out who kept leaving the door open, till i saw him com in

heyma4
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Cats are funny like that, smart lil things. I had a cat that would open cabinets and doors if they were cracked. Another one that whenever I set the table for dinner, he'd jump up in his favorite chair and act like he was waiting for his plate. Our new kitty just learned how to high 5. I never believed a cat could do that, and thought it was just a fluke when my dd told me she taught the cat to do that, but sure enough, every time you stick your hand up and say high five she does it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN