Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I avoid my husband because I know he's just going to ask for sex and I don't want to have sex with a guy who only cares about sex.

Annoys the fucking shit outta me!!  He won't leave me alone!!  Whether I'm tired, have a migraine, bleeding, battling cancer, or whatever...he thinks if I deny him sex, I've denied him an essential part of life.  If he mentions scripture one more time (the only verse he's ever memorized in his whole life) about how the wife owes her husband sex, I'm going to set the book on fire.

Sex used to be fun.  I used to look forward to it.

Now it's a damn chore and I need about 5 gallons of lube just to last for 10 minutes because this little hole stays dry as the sahara.  I've only been giving it up just to shut his ass up.

I don't understand how he fails to realize that HE has made sex so damn unenjoyable for me.  Has nothing to do with the physical act, but has everything to do with how much I resent his stupid ass.

Gah!

And yes, I'm venting.  I'm not getting a divorce.  I don't really *hate* him.  But he is getting on my last nerve tonight.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Show him this post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM
what she said
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Have you talked to him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Man, we've had long talks...ones heavily saturated in profanity, and ones that are calm and respectful all saying the same thing: that if he wants me to enjoy or even sort of look forward to sex, he needs to stop bitching about how much his sex life sucks.

We'll walk away from the convo totally on board...and then we end up having the convo again.  And again.  And again.

He only pledges to change his approach and reaction.  Doesn't actually change.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Show him this post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I can relate. My husband drove me away with such behavior and though finally 5 years later he's changed... I have a hard time being any kind of physical with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:17 PM

He knows how I feel.

Let me take that back.

I've TOLD him how I feel.  Whether or not he actually cares enough to realize how I feel...whole 'nother story.

Quoting jessimicuh:

what she said

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Yep.

Over, and over, and over again.

Always ends with him being like, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  I'm going to try that!

Bullshit.  He doesn't try.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Have you talked to him?

kkps725
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Gosh I'm sorry :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:21 PM

This sounds like me.  I've avoided sex for the past 5 years.  Almost to the day, I think.

At first, I think it centered around a lot of anxiety since the pregnancy at that time was unexpected.  Then it just grew into resentment.  Hard to stop resenting an asshole.

Like, I don't want to go on vacation with him JUST because I know he'd be hoping to have sex.  I'd turn down the beach just to avoid having sex.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can relate. My husband drove me away with such behavior and though finally 5 years later he's changed... I have a hard time being any kind of physical with him.

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:22 PM
men think with their dicks, dontcha know? Doesnt matter what kinda mood we're in, we could be on our death bed, and they'd still want sex, regardless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured