Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby feeders???

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok so my little girl is 8 months old and she just does not like food, she loves her formula and she is a little pig i found these on Amazon anyone tried/ used these ?? Any advice on how to get her to eat ?

http://www.amazon.com/Nuby-Nurtur-Feeder-Ounce-Colors/dp/B002RIII48/ref=pd_bxgy_ba_img_b

Any advice would be helpful...

Nuby Infant Feeder Feeding Bottle Set *Multi Colors* BPA Free

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

start with the food in the bowl very runny.... it will be very messy but in time she will get

Jade89
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I had them but they weren't worth it to me... So I quickly stopped using them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Fairegirl33:

start with the food in the bowl very runny.... it will be very messy but in time she will get

yeah we keep trying she just spits it all back out ... it's like she has no interest in food :(

Wendykay1
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never used them but look interesting.

is she getting to much formula. maybe start w one less bottle and replace w food. some babies don't like baby food . try just grinding regular food u eat in a blender. my son won't eat baby food. but eats what we eat. within reason of course. no spicy foods . lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomoLS
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, as stated above it could be that your daughter is already full from having too much formula, so she doesn't feel the need to eat.  At 8 mos. you should definitely try feeding her solids first, and then formula.  Try that!

ETA that it could just be the types of food you're giving her as well.  Maybe she just doesn't like them?  Play around and make your own baby food.  I know my DD LOVES mashed blueberries :)

sunshinebebe26
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Wendykay1:

I have never used them but look interesting.

is she getting to much formula. maybe start w one less bottle and replace w food. some babies don't like baby food . try just grinding regular food u eat in a blender. my son won't eat baby food. but eats what we eat. within reason of course. no spicy foods . lol

She might be getting too much formula....

sunshinebebe26
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MomoLS:

Yeah, as stated above it could be that your daughter is already full from having too much formula, so she doesn't feel the need to eat.  At 8 mos. you should definately try feeding her solids first, and then formula.  Try that!

I am going to have do that, it seems like she goes from fine too starving and then so fussy that she just wants a bottle ...

catngabsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

formula or breast milk is all she needs for the first year. if she isn't interested, then back off and try again in a few weeks. my youngest dd didn't start solids till she was just over a year old, she went from rice cereal to table food within a month.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

yeah we keep trying she just spits it all back out ... it's like she has no interest in food :(

Erica

Mom to
Caterina-10.5
Gabriella-9
MomoLS
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

If that's the case then you might want to try feeding her a bit sooner with less time in between feedings.  If she's very, very hungry, she's going to go for the food that she's used to and is much easier to eat.  Nothing beats drinkin your dinner :)

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting MomoLS:

Yeah, as stated above it could be that your daughter is already full from having too much formula, so she doesn't feel the need to eat.  At 8 mos. you should definately try feeding her solids first, and then formula.  Try that!

I am going to have do that, it seems like she goes from fine too starving and then so fussy that she just wants a bottle ...

sunshinebebe26
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

oh wow.. really.. my mom keeps saying every time she sees her that baby needs to be eating food by now.. like there is something wrong with her , she is not over weight or under weight she is just right :)

Quoting catngabsmom:

formula or breast milk is all she needs for the first year. if she isn't interested, then back off and try again in a few weeks. my youngest dd didn't start solids till she was just over a year old, she went from rice cereal to table food within a month.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)