Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Edited: Hey SAHM's!!! Come read me and reply!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:51 PM
  • 162 Replies

So I am sitting here completely bored.  Z is down for her nap, the laundry, dishes and floors are all done and clean.  I walked a mile this morning and did some strength exercises this afternoon.  There is nothing left to clean or do around the house. 

I am thinking I may actually get off the computer and pick up a book to read. 

So this just gets me to wondering, what do you do all day?  I know some SAHM's here have admitted to not being very good house keepers or to having maids and housecleaners.  I just don't get it, what else is there to do?  My house is really clean I am actually thinking of hand washing the base boards and cleaning out the closets.  It is 95 degrees and humid here today so outside is not on my list until closer to evening.  Besides that all the yard work is done as well.

I just don't get it.  All the pictures and threads on how dirty your house is or how you need help, this is so damn easy!

ETA:  I am not directing this to the women with disabilities, rough pregnancies or depression.  I very much understand that sometime doing things at home is literally impossible.  I have been there and done that.

And yes I only have one child who is very mobile.  When she is awake she is into something all the time.  That is why  I pick up behind her as we play.  To add to that, my child may not have doctors appointments but my DH does for his cancer treatment.  My day consists of cleaning, cooking (from scratch), playing with DD, bandage changes for DH, taking care of the dog and whatever else happens to come up.  It is far from boring but I am finding that I am able to manage my time so much easier now that I don't have to do all of that and work all in the same day. 

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
5 moms liked this
Another holier than thou post from you. Surprise surprise.
mommybug77
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM
How many kids do you have? Heck if yours still naps then you got it made.
coconut01
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Try doing day after day after day after day....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilfishbigocean
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM

This miiiiight get interesting.

LOL

bluespagan
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I have been doing this all day after day after day and was working 40 hrs a week when I was doing it. 

And anon, if you want to attack me how about at least showing your real screen name. 

Oh and I only have one child who is a terror when she is awake.  Hell my mom had 3 and her house was always clean as well.  Probably cleaner than mine.

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, it was much easier when I just had one kid who still took a nap, but I have 3 kids and none of them nap, so I don't get the chance to be bored. I spend my day cleaning, cooking, breaking up fights, entertaining the kids, running errands, laundry, dishes, etc, etc, etc... My day is pretty much filled with nonstop chaos until the kids go to bed at night and then that's when I do the chores I can't get done with them running around.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Cabin fever, depression OMG!!
You have no idea what these things are do you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM
I get a book put my headphones in and read
asaffell
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you just told my story of today. All the chores are done. I did my 30 minutes of elliptical and don't plan on going out til after dinner cuz it's way too hot. Jus sitting here surfing cafe mom and I'm getting bored. Think I will go get the kids up from their nap and do something productive with them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)