Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS was called, I feel bad for these kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

My kids and I live in an apartment buiding, upstairs. We were next door at a neighbors apartment letting the kids play. After awhile we took the kids bikes outside so they could ride them and we found a huge mess. One of our downstairs neighbors recently moved in a little over a month ago and she has a boy and a girl ages 5 and 6.

We came outside and these kids had toys everywhere (which is normal but its against landlord policy because it looks messy) they had food everywhere, like melted popsicles and cupcakes. They had markers and paper everywhere and were writing all over the side of the building with permanent markers! There was a huge cake sized cookie with icing on it, one of the kids said it was their daddy's birthday, that was smashed all over the sidewalk and the grass.

Their mom was nowhere in sight. We knocked on the door and got no answer. The kids kept getting stuff out of the freezer so the door was unlocked. We called the landlord and the office managers came by and knocked on the door and asked the kids to go get their mom. A man answered the door and said she was sleeping. This man was her boyfriend and he had just woken up. The landlord said this person had also received an infraction a few days before for unsupervised children. The landlord was on the phone with CPS explaining the situation last I heard. I took my kids inside my apartment and all this is still going on. Poor kids, their mom and her boyfriend were sleeping (at 2 in the afternoon!) and they were left to feed themselves and whatever else all day

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robynlo77
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:10 PM
4 moms liked this

Wow, that's just sad....stories like that, make me wish some people had pass a test to become a parent!

MumsTheWord571
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Yikes. I can't imagine leaving my kids unattended like that. Though my mom frequently did when I was that age. She taught me to cook at 5 so I could do it & she could sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roardiva
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I can't imagine leaving my children unattended all day! I will take a nap on the couch while my younger 2 nap and my oldest watches tv but that's the extent of unattended and I'm a light sleeper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been napping in the afternoons when I can even with the kids home...Only diffrence is I lock all the damn doors kids can't out I put a movie on and my husband is there also.

gavansmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

that's sad.  Some people shouldn't have kids.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That's sad.  I can't imagine leaving small children to fend for themselves.  I've managed to drag myself out of bed and take care of infants when I've had the flu.  We've all been there...sick as a dog and STILL keep going.  There is no way I can defend this woman. 

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:27 PM
11 moms liked this
1. In NC, there is no legal age for kids to be outdoors alone. 5&6 is completely legal.
2. Outdoor mess is not a cps issue
3. Sleeping is not a cps issue.
4. This is a prime example of wasting government money and resources.
5. If you were so concerned, why didn't you knock? Ask if she was okay?
6. That is not abuse! You think fodter care is better? Lmmfao
7. People are out of control. If this was 1985, or earlier, people would have helped not chastised!
I am a neat freak, over protective parent with high standards, but I do not agree with the government being in people's business like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok smartass Im not the one who called CPS my apartment manager did because this woman does this all the time! And yes unsupervsed children is a CPS case. And fyi read the damn post again, we DID knock on the door but got no answer

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

1. In NC, there is no legal age for kids to be outdoors alone. 5&6 is completely legal.
7. People are out of control. If this was 1985, or earlier, people would have helped not chastised!
I am a neat freak, over protective parent with high standards, but I do not agree with the government being in people's business like that.

cherrywaves21
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this
The mom was home, what's the age in your state for being outside alone? None of this is CPS worthy and I know you didn't call. But a child who truly needs help gets pushed further back. At best she will have to take parenting classes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok smartass Im not the one who called CPS my apartment manager did because this woman does this all the time! And yes unsupervsed children is a CPS case. And fyi read the damn post again, we DID knock on the door but got no answer

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Sounds exactly like people across from me. There is 6 side by side apartments and kids range from 2-12 maybe and they send the kids outside living on a MAIN STREET so that all the adults can smoke and drink. Can't wait to get out of this neighborhood!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured