Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

6 year old with bad B.O!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Ok, so my daughter is 6 about to be 7, we live in Texas and summer here is hotter than hot so of course we all sweat. This summer I have noticed my daughter has really bad body odor. She showers everyday but by dinner time smells like bad BO. I bought some 100% natural deoderant but it does not help much. I feel like she is too young to use the adult stuff. Should I be worried? Is this normal for a kid her age? I don't remember having body odor that young. Any advice? Any one else have this issue with kids her age?

UPDATE: well I was talking to a friend of mine and mentioned the issue. She only has boys , but said the same thing was happening to them and her doctor told them to change to organic milk. That he said it can cause puberty in kids even if it says that the cows were not treated with hormones, that they still may get them ( sneaky) that the only milk to trust is the one stamped with the organic labels. That's when it hit me , she drinks a ton of milk. My son and I are dairy free because of allergies but my daughter and my husband love milk. And during the school year that is what they make her drink at lunch so she is having way too much. My friend said about a week later the smelly pitts were gone. I'm going to try it and see.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:56 PM

that does seem young but some kids are stinky kids. Some have stinky feet, hair, and pits.

Need to get the medicated stuff and perhaps have her use some home remedies. I dont have any advice on that but Im sure there are some ladies here that will have some ideas and suggestions.

vixen42
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM

thats  sounds kind of young  for B,O I would get her checked by a doctor just in case

carlinaiden
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

shoot my sons been wearing deodorant since he was 3...we live in az and it gets prettysweaty out here..

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Switch body wash if you use a fragrance one. Sometimes the smells they use don't interact nicely with the body and cause you to smell worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ericarae8
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
my little cousin had the same problem. this is going to sound weird but it works. cut a lime in half, dip it in baking soda and rub it on her armpits. do this for like three days. it will eliminate the smell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danni1982
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:02 PM

If it concerns you, ring the pediatrician. It could be a warning of early onset puberty. As far as smell control get some rubbing alcohol wipes and swipe her pits. The BO is from bacteria that grows in sweat. The alcohol kills it, therefore killing the smell.

Tasloley
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM
My 7 year old has the same issue along with pubic hair but she's going through puberty early ... worth mentioning to the pediatrician (sp?) though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:07 PM
They have deoderant for teens. Try that. Its a normal age to start to have bo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funmommy123
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:10 PM
My boys are 8 & 6 and they use adult deodorants. I thought they were too young also, but I talked to the doctor lol to see if it was normal at such an early age. The doctor said yes, & that it was okay for them to use adult deodorants. Off topic, I was just going to make a post asking if anyone lived in texas & if they knew where the closest amtrak was to plainview, tx lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funmommy123
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Oh & If she washes her armpits with baking soda when she showers, it helps alot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN