Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being given a schedule...ugh!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies

My dh just texted me this while I was at VBS with our son.

"I am making you a daily schedule. You ain't going to be happy but things are going to start changing. You are going to have about 9 hours of free time, so I don't think working the other few is too much to ask".

I clean daily but it is never good enough for him. He says I never do anything and am lazy and sit on my a** everyday. I am depressed and feel like less than nothing, have for a while. I am a sahm, I lost my license for 1 year, that was 5 years ago and he won't allow me to get my license back. He works 5-6 days a week, on weekends when he's off he always has his bestie come over for the entire weekend. We have not had a family weekend in over 6 months and forget about having an actual date night anymore. It seems to be more important to him to play fuc*ing video games with his friend than spend time with his wife or son.

I don't know what to do. I am at my wits end!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM

bump

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

He sounds controlling, and that's not a good thing. Have you thought about leaving him?

hollydaze1974
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you see family? Or talk to them regularly? Is that allowed? I ask because if you are a SAHM with with a husband who won't "let" you get your liscense and then give you a chore list? Who gets groceries? Is that the "family time"? Really? How does that part work? Are you isolated from your family, that is what I want to know because it sound almost like false imprisonment and what is your punishment, if you do not done btw? This is where I'm going....I'm very concerned that the controlling s**t could turn violent easily. He is already isolated you, you could get a liscence but he won't allow it, you are about to have an actual cleaning/yardwork schedule as opposed to oh, idk asking if you'd like a pt job (which would require a liscence) or volunteer at your child's school? (oh yeah....that pesky liscence thing!)
Just saying careful, that kind of "controlling" can become physical in a heartbeat. Watch yourself, I don't like how this sounds one tiny bit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM
15 moms liked this
He won't allow you? He's putting you on a schedule? Lol..I'd show him exactly what schedule I'd allow as I got a driver's license, a job, and showed him the front door. You're not a child. Don't let him treat you like one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4boyz1girl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Who the hell is he? Hitler? F that shit.

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
My bags would be packed and gone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I have but I am honestly scared to. Thought about leaving him for a week or until he picked me up to see what he would do, but get too scared to even do that.

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

He sounds like a controlling asshole. I think you should evaluate how you truly feel about this relationship because I see it ending badly.

iluv2meow
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM
6 moms liked this

Meh tell him when he spends less time on video games you will spend more time on the house.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM
How can he not allow you to do something??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)