Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An update on me, in case you were wondering.

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:12 AM
  • 25 Replies

I have posted about my depression enough that I don't want to leave anyone paying attention hanging. Here's what's up.

I've been turned away from the hospital like three times, but I have met my counselor at last. Out patient is better than nothing, right? Well I'm still not doing well. I'm having about a breakdown a day and I've beaten myself senseless on the regular for some time now. BHR can't help me get medication, so I have to make an appointment with my Dr and that will take time, so in the meantime I'm taking St John's Wort and trying to drink more water and eat more. I only started the SJW yesterday, so I am giving that time. I also invested a whole $8 in a vial of peppermint oil after discovering how helpful it is for calming down. Seriously, mommas. Get some and just wave it around whenever ANYONE is upset!! LOL! I'm also waiting on an appointment with a spiritual healer, so hopefully that will help. I haven't stopped asking for help, I haven't kept my suicidal thoughts to myself. I'm trying.

I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying. It's SOOOO HARD!!

So yeah, that's what's up. :)

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:15 AM
Best of luck sweetie. I'm also battling depression and know all about the self destruction and suicide. I'm probably at one of my lowest points actually.

Hope things look up for you soon
lalaboosh
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:15 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I am sorry that you are suffering with depression. It is so hard to overcome it and I am glad that you are taking action to get help and to help yourself. Keep doing what you're doing. I can see that even the hope of getting better is good for you. I believe you can make it through this time in your life.

lalaboosh
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:18 AM

Thank you for your positive energy. I'm really trying to stay positive, but one of the symptoms of ADD and ADHD ( I have ADD) is a really negative internal dialouge. It's really hard to fight your own brain.

I think a lot of people are at their lowest point. Our society is not a sustainable one and it's showing. That's why I'm striving to learn a sustainable life, and I think it's possible. I'm actually excited, but it's hard to wait for a future that's a few years off.

Gl to you, I'm sending love to everyone a lot of the time(it's my thing). Including you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Best of luck sweetie. I'm also battling depression and know all about the self destruction and suicide. I'm probably at one of my lowest points actually.

Hope things look up for you soon

lalaboosh
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Thanks. I'm so fuckin messed up that one little thing can send me smashing into a wall. I am trying to remember to breathe and count and shit, but my brain shuts off. I"M STILL TRYING!! HAHAHAHA.

I laugh to keep from crying. Sorry if I seem insane, but I think I am.

Thanks for the support.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry that you are suffering with depression. It is so hard to overcome it and I am glad that you are taking action to get help and to help yourself. Keep doing what you're doing. I can see that even the hope of getting better is good for you. I believe you can make it through this time in your life.

Virgo.Mama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:20 AM
I haven't read anything before this but ((hugs)). It is great you're getting help , stay strong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:20 AM
Hugs keep up the good work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:22 AM
Good for you. That's awesome! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:23 AM
Goodluck. Thinking of you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:23 AM

You know this might sound silly, but I used to carry a card in my pocket for when I felt like I was getting out of control. Some people carry a special coin or even talisman for those moments. It gives you a tangible reminder to "let this pass"  My dad gave me the best peice of advice a while back. If you can't change it, why not let it roll off your back? I don't know if any of this will help you, but it is worth a try. Especially something in your pocket.

Quoting lalaboosh:

Thanks. I'm so fuckin messed up that one little thing can send me smashing into a wall. I am trying to remember to breathe and count and shit, but my brain shuts off. I"M STILL TRYING!! HAHAHAHA.

I laugh to keep from crying. Sorry if I seem insane, but I think I am.

Thanks for the support.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured