Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Believing in gay marriage does not make me less of a Christian! *Edit*

Posted by   + Show Post
I hate having debates with people on gay marriage and why I support it. *I* support it. I am not asking anyone else to support it. *I* know what the Bible says but, honestly, I don't quite believe in the Bible either. I take what I need in to allow me to be a better person for God and I let God do the rest. I think that makes me a better Christian that half of the people spewing that "God hates Fags". How can you say you "Love thy neighbor" and spew such hate?

Call me a bad Christian. I don't care. Only God can judge me. If another Christian feels the need to put me down for my beliefs, IMO, that makes YOU less of a Christian.

Rant over!

*Awesome! I made featured post for this post!!*

Im going to answer for all the people who just came in since I keep getting the same questions. I don't believe everything in the Bible. I am saved, I fully believe Jesus is my Savior and God sent Jesus to me. I understand the Bible and what it is supposed to stand for but what I will not do is fully believe something that I don't consider to be an accurate account of God and Jesus. In some of your eyes that makes me a bad Christian or not Christian at all and that is fine. You can say what you want. God will judge me accordingly. As long as *I* know my heart and God knows my heart, nothing any of you say really matters. As I said above, Only God can judge me.

So, with that being said, carry on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
Babujai
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:55 AM
5 moms liked this

Love it!  I'm a Christian and I support gay marriage as well.  I believe the Bible, but I also believe that people interpret the Bible according to their own biases.  There are two commandments that it's hard to mis-understand.  Love God.  Love your neighbor.  Done.

AuntReese
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:55 AM
4 moms liked this

Why are you posting anon? :(

Be proud of what you believe in :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a Christian and I don't pick and choose from the Bible, I believe in it whole-heartedly. With that said, the Bible doesn't say ANYWHERE for me to hold up picket signs that say "God hates fags". Nope, it doesn't. It DOES tell me to love my neighbor as I would myself, so I will. I'm not going to mistreat or hate an entire group of people for their life choices. We ALL sin, every single one of us, and I'm not going to judge or hate someone because they sin differently then I do. So let the haters come :)

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:55 AM
What is a deist?

Quoting svolkov:

It sounds more like a deist...believing in god but not religion/the bible. That's what I am ;)

Quoting MakinBabies:

You're a Christian who doesn't believe in the Bible? How ironic is that? The Bible is the reason that Christianity exists. Without the Bible, we probably wouldn't even know about Jesus.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AuntReese
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Welcome :)

Quoting briellesmomma:

Exactly! Thank you! I have a hard time explaining stuff like that!

Quoting AuntReese:

Anon, think about this....

NIV has taken out 65,000 words and removed the word Jehovah completely along with several other things that make it a creepy bible, in my opinion... I mean, I used to read it and never had an inkling there was something wrong with it... But, the point is (I don't know if this is how OP feels but...) Man has definitely changed things in the bible, you can see that just from version to version. I believe the bible is God breathed but I don't know which one is unchanged by man....Does that make sense?

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you aren't a Christian. The title is misleading.

Quoting briellesmomma:

I don't believe all of it is truly of God or Jesus. I think a lot of it is man made. So, I am selective. I don't love God or Jesus any less.

Quoting MakinBabies:

You're a Christian who doesn't believe in the Bible? How ironic is that? The Bible is the reason that Christianity exists. Without the Bible, we probably wouldn't even know about Jesus.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM
5 moms liked this
Men wrote the bible not good. Men who claimed to be writing for god right? Anyone with half a brain realized after sunday school that the stories are there for moral guidance

Quoting Anonymous:

I ow he wouldn't be pleased with all the filthy language I've seen you use on the regular here and many other groups. Why have I been here years and today is the first I'm hearing of your"Christianity"? Don't you find that odd? You don't believe the Bible fully then you aren't a true Christian

Quoting briellesmomma:

Are you God? Nope. Are you Jesus? Nope.

If ever one of them comes to me and tells me something different from THEIR mouths or through meditation or some other equally spiritual experience, I believe it. But not from a book that is possibly man made. Nope.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a Christian now? With that filthy mouth? If the Bible says its wrong- which it does and you say it's right...who do you think wins this argument? You or Gods Word?its sure won't be you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM
4 moms liked this

So she's a "fake" one lol? She believes in God and has accepted Jesus as her Savior, she's a Christian. You don't stop being a certain religion when you sin or we would all be doomed. You're judging her for sinning differently then you, telling her that despite your sin you are still a Christian woman, but her sin makes her unworthy of Christianity? You want to judge other people and tell them what God thinks of them and that is acceptable why?

Quoting Anonymous:

I ow he wouldn't be pleased with all the filthy language I've seen you use on the regular here and many other groups. Why have I been here years and today is the first I'm hearing of your"Christianity"? Don't you find that odd? You don't believe the Bible fully then you aren't a true Christian

Quoting briellesmomma:

Are you God? Nope. Are you Jesus? Nope.

If ever one of them comes to me and tells me something different from THEIR mouths or through meditation or some other equally spiritual experience, I believe it. But not from a book that is possibly man made. Nope.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a Christian now? With that filthy mouth? If the Bible says its wrong- which it does and you say it's right...who do you think wins this argument? You or Gods Word?its sure won't be you.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Im a bad Christian as well.  Oh well. 

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Someone who believes in a deity(a god) but not organized religion.

Quoting briellesmomma:

What is a deist?

Quoting svolkov:

It sounds more like a deist...believing in god but not religion/the bible. That's what I am ;)

Quoting MakinBabies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Ahhhh... That makes sense. Thank you!

Quoting svolkov:

Someone who believes in a deity(a god) but not organized religion.

Quoting briellesmomma:

What is a deist?

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting MakinBabies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Then why are you Anon?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a Christian and I don't pick and choose from the Bible, I believe in it whole-heartedly. With that said, the Bible doesn't say ANYWHERE for me to hold up picket signs that say "God hates fags". Nope, it doesn't. It DOES tell me to love my neighbor as I would myself, so I will. I'm not going to mistreat or hate an entire group of people for their life choices. We ALL sin, every single one of us, and I'm not going to judge or hate someone because they sin differently then I do. So let the haters come :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)