Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Believing in gay marriage does not make me less of a Christian! *Edit*

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM
  • 945 Replies
135 moms liked this
I hate having debates with people on gay marriage and why I support it. *I* support it. I am not asking anyone else to support it. *I* know what the Bible says but, honestly, I don't quite believe in the Bible either. I take what I need in to allow me to be a better person for God and I let God do the rest. I think that makes me a better Christian that half of the people spewing that "God hates Fags". How can you say you "Love thy neighbor" and spew such hate?

Call me a bad Christian. I don't care. Only God can judge me. If another Christian feels the need to put me down for my beliefs, IMO, that makes YOU less of a Christian.

Rant over!

*Awesome! I made featured post for this post!!*

Im going to answer for all the people who just came in since I keep getting the same questions. I don't believe everything in the Bible. I am saved, I fully believe Jesus is my Savior and God sent Jesus to me. I understand the Bible and what it is supposed to stand for but what I will not do is fully believe something that I don't consider to be an accurate account of God and Jesus. In some of your eyes that makes me a bad Christian or not Christian at all and that is fine. You can say what you want. God will judge me accordingly. As long as *I* know my heart and God knows my heart, nothing any of you say really matters. As I said above, Only God can judge me.

So, with that being said, carry on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenny_Penny89
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:33 AM
19 moms liked this
I am not opposed to gay marriage. Doesn't effect me.
im a christian as well. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistyinlove
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:33 AM
19 moms liked this

i'm a christian and i totally feel ya!!!! i detest those debates as well!! i love all my neighbors and i'll let God do the judging thats not my place!! i'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way

anetrnlov
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM
29 moms liked this

I like the kind of Christian that you are.  You use the book and your brain....nothing wrong with that.

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM
bump

MakinBabies
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:37 AM
37 moms liked this

You're a Christian who doesn't believe in the Bible? How ironic is that? The Bible is the reason that Christianity exists. Without the Bible, we probably wouldn't even know about Jesus.

NoahandEliza
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM
33 moms liked this
Me too! In the same chapter that says something about homosexuality being a sin, it also says it's ok to sell your daughter into slavery and stone your wife if she isn't a virgin. I hate the whole picking and chosing which sins are the worst.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM
13 moms liked this
You're a Christian now? With that filthy mouth? If the Bible says its wrong- which it does and you say it's right...who do you think wins this argument? You or Gods Word?its sure won't be you.
L1558
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:39 AM
57 moms liked this

I'm a Christian and I:

- don't submit to my husband; we are equal partners, and he usually puts me in the dominant position because I'm good at calling shots and being in control

- believe that all people are equal, and that if they choose to marry but are of the same sex, it doesn't affect me

- believe that you can vote Democratic, Republican, Libertarian, Green Party, or write-in, and still get to heaven (you wouldn't BELIEVE the people who've told me that if I don't vote for Mitt I'm not really a Christian)

- believe that you can be Christian, pro-choice, and pro-family, ALL at the same time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM
50 moms liked this
I say if you want to pick and choose what you're going to believe in all the Bible, then don't believe any of it. God hates lukewarm. You can't straddle both sides of the fence. Either you wholeheartedly believe in God and that all the Bible is true or you don't. It's that simple.
indyb
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM
17 moms liked this

I agree with you 150%,  I'm a christian also and I fully support marriage equality! You love who you love and that doesn't hurt anyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN