Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Believing in gay marriage does not make me less of a Christian! *Edit*

Posted by   + Show Post
I hate having debates with people on gay marriage and why I support it. *I* support it. I am not asking anyone else to support it. *I* know what the Bible says but, honestly, I don't quite believe in the Bible either. I take what I need in to allow me to be a better person for God and I let God do the rest. I think that makes me a better Christian that half of the people spewing that "God hates Fags". How can you say you "Love thy neighbor" and spew such hate?

Call me a bad Christian. I don't care. Only God can judge me. If another Christian feels the need to put me down for my beliefs, IMO, that makes YOU less of a Christian.

Rant over!

*Awesome! I made featured post for this post!!*

Im going to answer for all the people who just came in since I keep getting the same questions. I don't believe everything in the Bible. I am saved, I fully believe Jesus is my Savior and God sent Jesus to me. I understand the Bible and what it is supposed to stand for but what I will not do is fully believe something that I don't consider to be an accurate account of God and Jesus. In some of your eyes that makes me a bad Christian or not Christian at all and that is fine. You can say what you want. God will judge me accordingly. As long as *I* know my heart and God knows my heart, nothing any of you say really matters. As I said above, Only God can judge me.

So, with that being said, carry on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Replies (711-720):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:27 PM
3 moms liked this
You are not a Christian and you do not know or love Jesus if you don't believe and follow the words of the bible. You are denying Jesus as your savior by not only publicly renouncing his words but also in your heart believing what YOU want to believe and not what scripture says. Jesus Says in John 14:15 "If you love me you will keep my commandments" stop proclaiming you are a Christian and loving yourself and the world, but not your creator and Savior!! This is going to make you very mad I'm sure because it's the truth. Jesus died for your sins so you could repent and live a holy life ... He didn't die for you to conform to the world and be a people pleaser.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself. you rock

Quoting Anonymous:

You are not a Christian and you do not know or love Jesus if you don't believe and follow the words of the bible. You are denying Jesus as your savior by not only publicly renouncing his words but also in your heart believing what YOU want to believe and not what scripture says. Jesus Says in John 14:15 "If you love me you will keep my commandments" stop proclaiming you are a Christian and loving yourself and the world, but not your creator and Savior!! This is going to make you very mad I'm sure because it's the truth. Jesus died for your sins so you could repent and live a holy life ... He didn't die for you to conform to the world and be a people pleaser.

Ahyb
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

The world has changed so much since the bible was written. People adapt and society changes, however words written so long ago do not. Religion must change to reflect the current patterns in society to be relavent. 

Quoting MakinBabies:

You're a Christian who doesn't believe in the Bible? How ironic is that? The Bible is the reason that Christianity exists. Without the Bible, we probably wouldn't even know about Jesus.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
lovinlife0607
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

wow and I thought I was the only one OP.  I couldn't have said it better myself!!  I'm a Christian but I also believe love doesn't see gender. That doesn't make me less of a christian either...the Bible also says NOT to judge others.... hmmmm... ;) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

you rock

Quoting p31lady:

I just wanted to pop in and add my 2 cents to the conversation... I 100% believe that the Bible is God's Word.  To the people on here that are saying they aren't sure if they believe everything because they think it might be man made, guess what, the whole Bible is written by men.  God led certain men to record what happened in Biblical times so it could later be read by everyone.  But just because it is written by man doesn't mean its false.  In the book of 2 Timothy, it says "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness".  Every single verse that is in the Bible was supposed to be there.  

I also don't believe you can pick and choose what scriptures you believe.  There are many verses that say to not add or subtract from the verses and make up your own context.  As far as people using Old Testament scriptures to prove that somes rules are completely out of date and senseless... they are.  We don't follow the law anymore in the Old Testament.  After sin entered the world you couldn't have fellowship with God because we became disconnected through our sins.  People imposed strict laws to keep 'pure' but they were impossible to follow.  They were even animal sacrifices where they would only take the most perfect lamb and sacrifice it to wipe everyone's sin away.  That didn't ultimately work, until Jesus came.  He was the perfect "Lamb of God" and was the only sacrifice that could truly make up for all the sin in the world.

After that, eveyrthing changed.  The Old Testament has so much history in it, and you wouldn't get the complete picture of everything Jesus did for us had it not been for the Old Testament.  You would never know about Adam and Eve, you would never know about the Noah and the flood, and you would never know that Jesus was prophesied to come long before He was ever born.

I really didn't mean for my post to be this long, but I want to close with one final thing.  When I was little, I did not like reading my Bible!  I thought it was long and boring, and I couldn't see what people thousands of years ago had to do with me today.  As I got older, I realized everything in there has to do with me today.  Everything that is in there was supposed to be in there because the Creator of the universe wanted it to be in there, and for some reason saw me fit (even with my many many flaws) to tell people about His Word.  It just blows my mind that I can read a passage and it can seem like it was sent from God (because thousands of years ago it was).  It seems like it was a letter written to me, from Him, but it really is a letter to us ALL!

Love you ladies, and God Bless :)

purplmama
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

AMEN!!!!!!

I'm a Christian, and you know what God hates??..... Hate!!! I support Gay marriage and 2 of my children are gay. My daughter and her wife got married in our back yard. If anyone thinks I'm less of a Christian, I'm sorry about that, but it won't change my heart.

Thanks for this post!!!

littlepinkrose
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

You sound like someone who is very judgemental.  We are not talking about how the bible was written why comment so rudely.  You read and believe what you want but history books are not the bible try reading that and then tell me Emperor Constantine and his men made it all up.  Oh and you probably will.  I can see it now.  I do not dislike you only your comment and you are right to an extent but God did all the workings in the book.  You are not Christian so how can you really judge other Christians?  I believe my way and you yours not saying anything that you said is wrong to  a point.  Just lay off the badmouthing o.k.  Not all Christians are psycho.

Quoting smilesmi87:

Quoting MakinBabies:

You're a Christian who doesn't believe in the Bible? How ironic is that? The Bible is the reason that Christianity exists. Without the Bible, we probably wouldn't even know about Jesus.

the bible was written way after Jesus died. It was also put together by a committee of MEN because Emporer Constantine wanted to fuse all the bible havers into one group and have one mainstream book and religion to go with it. I'm not even Christian (im not of any Abrahamic religion) and I know it's history better than the idiots around me. I don't mean to be rude but I am thoroughly unimpressed with Christians because 99% of them are psychos.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

the bible was NOT written 'way after' Jesus died. 

some of it was written before he was even born. some written during the time of his life, some written immediately following his birth. 

Quoting smilesmi87:

Quoting MakinBabies:

the bible was written way after Jesus died. It was also put together by a committee of MEN because Emporer Constantine wanted to fuse all the bible havers into one group and have one mainstream book and religion to go with it. I'm not even Christian (im not of any Abrahamic religion) and I know it's history better than the idiots around me. I don't mean to be rude but I am thoroughly unimpressed with Christians because 99% of them are psychos.

AlexandriaMP
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM
It's people like you that make me NOT hate religious people. You are a good person, don't let anyone tell you different.
needadvice1983
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok the Bible was WRITTEN BY MAN NOT GOD!!!! God did not come down and write the bible and hand it to us! Man wrote it! And who's to say everything in it is what God said exactly? Were you there and heard what God told those MEN to write down? No? Then why is it so hard to believe that someone can love God and follow a path to make God happy, but not believe everything written in the bible? OP I am with you. I believe in God. I was raised christian so that is what religion I "identify" with, but for me I take the bible with a grain of salt. I live my life the way that I think would please God and I pray and worship him in my own way. I find churches to be too self promoting. I would much rather worship Him in my own way and live my life by the way I think he would want me to (with love for EVERYONE) then by what some MEN wrote in a book a thousand years ago when the world was a different place and women were property.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured