Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
C section , So last friday i was with my friend in the hospital, she was about to have her baby (a month early) but she pushed for almost three hours, the sounds she made gave me goose bumps, she then could not push him out, so they instead to use forceps to pull him out, omg she screamed bloody muder, they had to cut her, and she always tore a little, she got i think 3 stiches. . But that poor baby had a burse on his head in three places from those things.. I had to boys, both c section, they were planned, but after having them they would have been an emergency anyways.. Listening and watching her scared the hell out of me.. lol This is not a debate!

As i said, i dont mean this for a debate, i was only posting cuz i have never seen or heard birth (other then my cat) i was just sharing my first experience ..i had c sections, so yes i gave birth to my boys, but i didnt see it or hear what they were doing (thank god lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
doulala
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

In some instances, the baby is too big. Some people's pelvis is too narrow. It's not the baby, it's their pelvis bones is not opened enough. I do agree there are a lot of unnecessary c-sections, but I don't agree that everyone can push out a baby just fine if they just let the natural process take place. Some people really can't. Some dont' dialate at all etc.

Mostly this depends on who we hire for our maternity care, that is generally the biggest risk factor. 
Women will dilate eventually, when given the opportunity.   ;-)

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

jazmya_mom
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:24 AM

I had 2 C sections emergency, but I have no desire to be in labor EVER! I was in labor for 3 days with my first child and our heart rates dropped so we had to have an emergency section. I have originally planned to have her natural. My son was 39.5 weeks and had not dropped or budged they scheduled one for him. I have helped 20moms deliver natural I do not  have the ability to do so. even though my kids were only 5 and 6 lbs I still had to have sections

spidermansmom
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:52 AM
In what third world country do they use those? There have been countless studies that show that the dangers outweigh any benefit to the use of forceps! I come from a huge family and have never heard of someone having those things used. To be quite honest I thought the use of them were pre medical advancement and were illegal now. I have given birth twice, both vaginally and plan to do so with my third. If faced with complications I would much rather a c section than the use of metal salad tongs.
PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM

You would be amazed at what your body can do.  I have been told I'm small yet I've delivered 4 babies between 7.5 and 8.5 lbs vaginally, 3 of them with no medication.  If you had been at my labours and births You would have thought childbirth was a walk in the park.  I make no noise and the babies come out in 4-10 pushes.  

Quoting mommie_to_be08:

Btw i posted this also, cuz my babies were both over 8 lbs, i have had sex with only my dh, i dont honestly think i could have pushed a baby out, for the fact its sometimes hard enough to have sex lol

BEXi
by BEXi on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Thankfully my vaginal deliveries werent traumatic like that. Yikes.

Theresesmom
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I could only get to 5 cm. and they had to do a C- section. It wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. I would schedule a C-section next time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I'm glad I did as well!

doulala
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Quoting Theresesmom:

I could only get to 5 cm. and they had to do a C- section. It wasn't nearly as bad as I feared. I would schedule a C-section next time.

You might also condier avoiding checking your cervix too.    
   You can do a few things in the future to greatly reduce unnecessary risks, safest for you and baby!
:-)

"The traditional midwife believes that birth proceeds in a spiral fashion: labor starts, stops and starts, while the baby goes down, up and down, and the cervix opens, closes and opens.   Nature has no design for failure; she holds her own meaning for success."Sher Willis

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM

As long as you are okay with your situation. I can't imagine being glad I had to have surgery. My kids were all 9-10 lbs and were vaginal deliveries. Weight has nothing to do with birth.

doulala
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Quoting VintageWife:

As long as you are okay with your situation. I can't imagine being glad I had to have surgery. My kids were all 9-10 lbs and were vaginal deliveries. Weight has nothing to do with birth.

Mine were as well!   The bigger the less Issues/easier delivery, too!
:-)

--but I planned for normal birthing, not everyone does this.   So can be pretty upset if they are unprepared.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN