Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband doesn't know our son is not his.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 191 Replies

2 years ago I cheated on my husband. It was a one time thing and I was not emotionally attached at all. We were going through a rough patch in our marriage because I had been TTC and it wasn't happening. It was draining us emotionally. It's no excuse for what I did but that's why I did it. 

Anyways, I wasn't on BC because I had been TTC and it wasn't happening. I was starting to think I was infertile. So I met this guy while I was on vacation and we had sex. I felt horrible about it and as soon as I got home, I was very dedicated to making my marriage work. I didn't want to be with anyone else but my husband. So we talked a lot and a few days later had sex and started TTC again. 

I had my doubts that the baby I was pregnant with was his but tried to not think about it. Fast forward 9 months, I have my son. As the months go on I see that he looks NOTHING like my husband. I have dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. My husband has dark brown hair and eyes. The guy I slept with had platinum blonde hair and blue eyes and DS looks just like him. I am sure that DS is not my husband's. But I didn't want to break up my family so I never said anything about it. My husband never questioned it and has been a great dad to DS.

But now DS is 2.5 and I just had a daughter. She is definitely my husband's. I have not cheated on him since that incident. Well our daughter looks just like us. She looks a little bit like me and a lot like hubby. Brown hair and I think her eyes will turn brown later on. She and my DS look nothing alike. DS is all his dad.

I am scared that he will start to question why our DS looks so different from everyone. If he finds out, I'm sure he will leave me and it will tear our family apart :(

What do I do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
militarywife09
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM
5 moms liked this
You have to tell him. It's the right thing to do for him and your son!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

YOu tell him the truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM
12 moms liked this
JERRY!JERRY!JERRY!
Nunyabusiness
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM
You need tell him because the truth will come out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Quoting militarywife09:

But it's not the right thing for my son. It will break our family apart and leave him with nothing. I'm a stay at home mom right now and I won't be able to give both of my kids the live they deserve. 

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Crazy....I guess his coloring you could blame on genetics being weird, but idk about the rest. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarywife09
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Time to woman up and figure out how to support your kids then. Your son deserves to know the truth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting militarywife09:

But it's not the right thing for my son. It will break our family apart and leave him with nothing. I'm a stay at home mom right now and I won't be able to give both of my kids the live they deserve. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM
9 moms liked this

What do you want to do?  Just because your kids don't look alike means nothing.  My dd looks nothing like any of us.  DS looks exactly like my husband.  (They are both his kids.)  So what?  It is very common for siblings to look nothing like one another.  Certain genes shine through differently with different kids.  My neighbors have one tall, very skinny blond, blue-eyed girl, and one very fat brown haired/eyed girl.  No one questions it.  Are you honestly wanting to break up your marriage and family over this?  If not, say nothing.  If you want it all to end, speak up.  It's really up to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Can you post pics? I am curious now.

1sweetmommma
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM

He has a right to know, doncha think? Keeping that sort of secret for that long is so many levels of wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)