Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Broke My Camera And They Gave Me A New One Free!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I had a camera for about 8 months, and then accidently spilled pop on it. It was completely my fault, the camera did not claim to be waterproof or anything.

It did not work after that. It was still under warrenty, so I took it back to where I got it. It is a reputable, well known chain. They asked how it broke, I told them I had no clue, that it just stopped working one day.

They sent it back to the manufacturer, and replaced the camera. Except this time I did not get the same camera, I got a better one for around the same price.

It's been several months since I did that and no one has called me and told me they know it's my fault it broke or anything, so I basically broke my old one on accident and the store gave me a new one without really questioning how it broke.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
maria295447
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:05 PM
cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I'm really surprised I got away with it. I was totally expecting them to take it apart and see why it stopped working. Then they would have known it was my fault.

But they didn't.

To be fair, one of the features on the camera never did work. The date would always reset itself. So the camera was semi faulty in the first place.

LovelyJay512
by Momma Jay on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:09 PM
I've had that happen a few times. Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Dont feel guilty! This happens! Perhaps your item though newer to you was already obsolete to the company. Just enjoy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Hey best buy has warranties for that stuff! Just saying! Unless its submerged. Good for you! That's the point of a warranty unless it says otherwise.
Mom2Addison12
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:16 PM

who cares....i've done it.

NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I actually went through something similar with my cell phone. Got it replaced for free (I have the extended warranty insurance on all my lines) and I got upgraded from a 3G to a 4G. I don't really care for the phone though. Samsungs drive me nuts. I'd rather have an HTC

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM

My warrenty said any water damage would make it null and void, so I was not expecting them to replace it lol. Technically it was pop damage..and it did dry out for a few days before I took it back lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hey best buy has warranties for that stuff! Just saying! Unless its submerged. Good for you! That's the point of a warranty unless it says otherwise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)