Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: What is your home situation?

Options:

Stay At Home Mom

Working Mom, kids in daycare

Working Mom, opposite shifts as DH/SO or kids with family member

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 90

View Results

with all the fighting about this topic, I am curious as the the actual demographics on this topic in our group. I added the third option because that is what I do, work the opposite shift of my DH so the kids stay home all day with one parent. if you disagree and think being watched by a family member is more like daycare and less like being at home with a parent, please explain and I will change that. 

girl on a swingA is for Abigail baby girlZ is for Zoe 

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Currently I am a SAHM, but may have to go back to work soon if things don't change.

My husband got a big paycut at work. They lied and talked him into switching to a different position stating he'd get more money and more miles (he's OTR truck driver). Well, he took their bait and agreed to switch. He's getting less miles and making about $200 less per week. It's killing us financially. We went from having all of our bills paid on time every month to now struggling to get things paid on time and barely scraping by to put food on the table, but yet he makes too much for FS. 

He's currently looking for another company to drive for and is supposed to turn in an application this coming Friday. He talked to one company yesterday where one guy told him he'd be home more and  make more money so he had turned in his application and the guy that talks to potential drivers told him he'd be working basically like he does now and making even less than he does now. Ugh! So, obviously he didn't go with them. 

We had a big fight this morning about money and me going back to work. It's no secret I don't want to work, but I will because of the family. Only problem is (and I can't seem to get him to understand this) that the very few jobs around here in our town only pay min. wage so I'd be working just to pay daycare for 2 kids...that's not worth it. We have no friends here and have no family remotely close by that could watch them. I used to work from home and am getting back into that which he doesn't like....my opinion is working from home is better than nothing and at least the kids will be home with me and I won't have to work to only be able to pay daycare which is pointless. Hopefully one of these days he'll understand that part. It would be different if the kids were old enough to stay home alone but they are no where close to that age. 

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I work. Kids fend for themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I'm only a stay at home mom because I'm disabled. I used to work but my flair ups became more frequent and I was unable to continue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Well.. I'm a stay at home Mom but have in home daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadensMommy2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I'm a SAHM, but it may change in the near future.  

JadensMommy2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I hope things get better soon!  

Quoting Anonymous:

Currently I am a SAHM, but may have to go back to work soon if things don't change.

My husband got a big paycut at work. They lied and talked him into switching to a different position stating he'd get more money and more miles (he's OTR truck driver). Well, he took their bait and agreed to switch. He's getting less miles and making about $200 less per week. It's killing us financially. We went from having all of our bills paid on time every month to now struggling to get things paid on time and barely scraping by to put food on the table, but yet he makes too much for FS. 

He's currently looking for another company to drive for and is supposed to turn in an application this coming Friday. He talked to one company yesterday where one guy told him he'd be home more and  make more money so he had turned in his application and the guy that talks to potential drivers told him he'd be working basically like he does now and making even less than he does now. Ugh! So, obviously he didn't go with them. 

We had a big fight this morning about money and me going back to work. It's no secret I don't want to work, but I will because of the family. Only problem is (and I can't seem to get him to understand this) that the very few jobs around here in our town only pay min. wage so I'd be working just to pay daycare for 2 kids...that's not worth it. We have no friends here and have no family remotely close by that could watch them. I used to work from home and am getting back into that which he doesn't like....my opinion is working from home is better than nothing and at least the kids will be home with me and I won't have to work to only be able to pay daycare which is pointless. Hopefully one of these days he'll understand that part. It would be different if the kids were old enough to stay home alone but they are no where close to that age. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Im a work at home mom.

I am fortunate that I can arrange my schedule to accomodate my kids and husband.

Its the best decision for us. I dont make a lot of money, but its nice to have the extra money to help with bills.

Quoting A_Zmom:

with all the fighting about this topic, I am curious as the the actual demographics on this topic in our group. I added the third option because that is what I do, work the opposite shift of my DH so the kids stay home all day with one parent. if you disagree and think being watched by a family member is more like daycare and less like being at home with a parent, please explain and I will change that. 

dreamer_8291
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Both SO and I work full-time and DD is in daycare. We can't afford for one if us to not work. We wouldn't be able to take care of our family. I would love to be a SAHM, but it's just really not possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockgal81
by Steph on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I work full time and my daughter is in school. I've always worked though...I was in the military from the time she was a baby until she was 6 yrs old. There's absolutely nothing wrong with working outside of the home :D

anetrnlov
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I am a S/WAHM.  I have my own online store and I also babysit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN