Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your 11 year old neighbor had a horrible home life and barely had anything to eat, would you let her hang out at your house?

Posted by   + Show Post

My new neighbors have their 11 year old niece living with them. She's a sweet kid but it seems like she's been through a lot. Her mom died five years ago and I've gathered she's bounced around from relative to relative ever since. Her siblings live with different aunts and uncles and it seems she's not very wanted. Yesterday she told me she liked playing with kids, and she asked if she could come over and play with my daughter. Of course I agreed, why wouldn't I? My kid loves having people to play with.

She hung out most of the day down here. I've let her borrow DVDs and I even gave my old Twilight books. Then tonight she came down and said they'd gone out to eat and left her home alone. I fed her supper and she burst into tears and said her aunt hates her.

I feel really bad for this kid. And while it does inconvenience me a little to give her our food, especially when we have so little to begin with, it makes me feel good to help her out. I just hope her aunt doesn't get mad at me for helping her out. It just seems like she needs a buddy right now.

Would you do the same?

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Replies (101-110):
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Quoting usmcwifey11:

In a heartbeat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislin
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I would. Poor kid

PhoebemomofBRDM
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Absolutely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karla85
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Of course! Who goes out for dinner and leaves an 11 year old home by herself? I'm glad she has you and your family to help her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Yes, and I'd be calling her social worker if they aren't feeding the kid.

averyswifeliz
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM
This!

Quoting Mcat02:

yes!! no questions asked & i'd tell her she's welcomed anytime!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikiSellers0806
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Awww poor girl. Keep up the good work momma, that girl needs you right now. It may not seem like you are doing much to help but it probably means the world to her to have someone care. Dont give up on her, you may be the only light she has in her life right now:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammie0402
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM
I wouldn't think twice. Poor baby girl, that's so sad :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OnTheCrazyTrain
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:47 PM
im basically doing that now except the little girl is 6 and her mom pretty much just cares about getting laid smh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gum.drop
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I'd be worried she was manipulating me....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)