Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Buying a new cell phone.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

A few months ago I got a droid from ntelos. I hate the phone and next month I want to buy an iPhone 4S. 

It says with a 2 year contract I can get it for 150. So my question is if I'm not due for an upgrade, can I still get it for 150? I really don't want to pay 600 dollars for the phone but my droid sucks lol 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM

BUMP

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I know through ATT you have to be due for an upgrade to get the good price. Its BS Imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rach_mommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I have a DROID Bionic and I love it. The guy at the Verizon convinced me because I wanted an iphone so bad. This is free music and I don't have to update it and stuff by plugging it into the computer everytime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aadensma
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Yes, you have to wait for your upgrade to get that price.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM
You have to wait for your upgrade to get that price. If you don't wait, you probably have to pay full retail, which is really freaking expensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kustomkidz
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM
You can't get it for that price without an upgrade. It's an apple thing not the phone company. At sprint tgey tried to over ride it for my mom but apple wouldn't let her. And her upgrade was within 2 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM
What service do you have? Do you have a family plan? I worked for AT&T, and one thing I would always suggest is to open up another line on the account to get the phone you want at the discounted rate, and then change that new phone to your primary line. That way you will have the phone you want with your phone number. You can pay the extra every month (with AT&T it's 9.99/month) and then cancel the extra line after the contract is up or even keep it for future upgrade options. Doing that is cheaper than upgrading your line early, and it's easier to pay an extra 9.99/month than an extra $400+ for a phone all at once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Why is it bs? Do you think people should get the discounted price whenever they want a new phone? Every month? Every 6 months?

Quoting KairisMama:

I know through ATT you have to be due for an upgrade to get the good price. Its BS Imo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vero2410
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I believe if you sign up for the company's phone service it would be $150 and if your not eligible for an upgrade I think you have to pay full price
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I get what youre saying. In with ntelos but I personally feel like its BS because this phone is horrible. It calls random people in my contacts, turns off and on randomly, freezes up, the screen goes black when I try to use the dial pad.....ugh so many problems. I just want it gone!

Quoting RissyLee:

Why is it bs? Do you think people should get the discounted price whenever they want a new phone? Every month? Every 6 months?

Quoting KairisMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN