Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was saving the sex talk for...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my daughter when she was 16 but 3 girls in her grade just had babys and or still pregnant... =/ She's 15 now and she doesn't have a boyfriend and even if we have to speak to the parents if she goes over before she goes over... and I am really not ready for this talk I thought I had a whole year still to prep myself =(

*** I waited till 16 because I waited for her to be ready to talk and discuss this. On her wishes, we have talked about it small here and there but this is the big big talk I'm talking about.... Stop with the "Omg you waited till she was that old" DAMN least I am giving her the damn talk.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (81-82):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I doubt she will open up to you. I would just make sure she has options.

Quoting Anonymous:

She will get tested once a year. She is allowed to start BC if she wishes and chooses to no arguments. I don't drill it which is why I gave her the space for her to be ready to talk about it when she is ready to hear about we have had little talks here and there an I have explained a lot. But now its the talk about HER sex life not just about sex life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell your daughter about the free clinic. I know you will probably want to take her to the doctor, but make sure she Is getting tested a few times a year. It's one of the best things you can do for her. If she is too embarrassed to tell you she would like to go to the doctor, she won't. If she at least has an option to go elsewhere without awkwardly having to ask you, especially if she is not ready to admit she is active, she is more likely to get tested frequently and can even put herself on birth control.

Last thing she wants is her mom drilling her. It's better for her to be safe than to be worried because "mom doesn't condone it."

3kidz123
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I get that your kid's amazing and that she doesn't want sex right now. I just think imo, that the sex talk and the drug talk should be had regardless of if they want to do those things. It's about informing them so when they are ready, they make the right choices! Again you seem to have lucked out, but most of the time waiting for these important talks is a bad idea :)

Quoting Anonymous:

It probably is. But my daughter has a lot of respect for herself and her body. She wont do anything that she feels is wrong. Hell, she is so much better then when I was a kid. I expect her to do the things I used to do... I give her the curfew of 9-10 depending on day and she will be home by 5 for dinner she says its because she can't miss a day of my fabulous cooking but I doubt thats the reason. She doesn't even want a cell phone, she said it's a distraction and she doesn't really want to be bothered by it. My daughter is just innocent... I kinda wish there was a challenge with her. But she comes home does her school work gets straight A's is a star in both her games never breaks curfew never argues if we tell her she can't do anything. She's happy in life and with life... I do wish she would go out with the boy that likes her though I need to pick on her some how.

Quoting 3kidz123:

That's rare, but again good luck with your talk :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I know my daughter, she was the one who wanted to wait because she was not personally ready for the talk or any type of wanting to date of boys.

Quoting 3kidz123:

Ur lucky she's not pregnant, that's a bit long to wait! I supose it's better late than never.

Good Luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN