Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idgaf what ANYBODY says..ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
3 moms liked this
I will NEVER think its okay for CHILDREN to GO HUNTING!! I think its a disgrace to teach a 5 yr old how to hold a gun to shoot a deer than hang him from a tree to skin it!
It is disturbing when I see a child on t.v CRYING because "she didnt get to kill a deer today!"
I am NOT talking about those that are farmers or those that eat only thier raised crops and meats to feed the family. Im talking about families that make hunting a SPORT and think its okay to bring your babies and small children along for the ride while you kill innocent animals JUST so u can hang it on your wall! It's a DISGRACE!!!

5 yr olds should be learning to love our animals..not begging to let daddy let him kill it!

Eta: you can save your long speeches on the benefits of hunting for ANOTHER post that's titled "I hate hunting". But for THIS post I simply said that i dont agree with bringing SMALL CHILDREN WITH ADULTS HUNTING. While i dont agree with sport hunting PERIOD...It disgusts me even FURTHER for children to partake in it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM
10 moms liked this

And I'm sure that the people who see nothing wrong with it don't give a fuck what you think as well ... so it all works out quite nicely.  

I don't hunt.  I don't like hunting.  I don't agree with hunting as a sport (although most hunters I know use the meat to feed their families).  However, I don't believe that my views would make the views of another "a disgrace".

Your truth is true for you ... someone else's truth is true for them.  Diversity is a wonderful thing. 

tifbrown
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I plan to teach my daughters how to shoot between 10-12. I will never force them to hunt. My husband has his license and we own fire arms. He is going to hunt this year. People I know don't necessarily shoot for trophy, everyone eats the meat, some people mount heads and keep skins. I think 5 is far too young to learn how to shoot. Beginning gun education, absolutely, handling guns, no.

2boys_1girl
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM
My kids will learn to shoot a gun when they are pre-teens. We own guns so they need to understand smart gun handling.

We don't hunt, but DH might start so that we can eat more meat. If he does than I wouldn't care if he took a kid, because he is a gun safety freak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM
3 moms liked this

Taking your children hunting is something that I will never understand.  It makes me ill to hear little children brag about killing something. It also makes me ill to see them pose with a dead animal.  I just don't get it. What possible reason could parents have to be okay with this?  Its not like you are teaching your child to hunt and gather food.  And even if you do eat the dead animal, why is it necessary to let your child pose with it first?

sarahfire
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM
5 is too young in my book but if my kids want to go hunting when they're more like 10 that would be fine. I don't hunt but my dad and uncle and sister do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JsMommy1003
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in the country and grew up in a small town where many hunt, and I do not agree with hunting as a sport...I believe that you should kill what you will to eat, not to hang in your house just because you think its "cool"

GirlWSlingshot
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM
3 moms liked this
DS decided he was a vegetarian at age three so I doubt he'll have any interest in hunting any time soon, but I see nothing wrong with families hunting with their children. Most hunters don't hate the animals they hunt. Most hunters are actually conservationists and hunt animals that are over populated, etc.

Sport hunting doesn't mean you don't respect animals or don't use the meat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM

THIS

Quoting Anonymous:

And I'm sure that the people who see nothing wrong with it don't give a fuck what you think as well ... so it all works out quite nicely.  

I don't hunt.  I don't like hunting.  I don't agree with hunting as a sport (although most hunters I know use the meat to feed their families).  However, I don't believe that my views would make the views of another "a disgrace".

Your truth is true for you ... someone else's truth is true for them.  Diversity is a wonderful thing. 

jsr87
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Hunting is creepy to me. Killing animals for sport is against my religion. (Judaism)

littleacorn
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My 7yo wants to start hunting (most of our family's meat comes from hunting. It is NOT for sport). We don't think he is ready yet, so it probably will be another year or two yet, but when he does, if he wants to pose with his kills, that's fine. Bringing that much meat to the family IS something to be proud of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured