Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope she kept her baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I had a patient who had just delivered her third baby.

Single mom, living with her parents.

Early 20s.

No dad in the picture.

No real income.

I went to talk to her about something and suddenly broke down crying! I asked her what was wrong. She said that she was in talks with an adoption agency about giving her child up. She said that she has two already and can't afford a third.

I felt sooooo bad for her! I couldn't imagine having two, then giving up my third! Yet, at the same time, she should've/could've made better decisions.

She was discharged last night and I didn't work yesterday. I never did hear whether or not she kept her baby or gave it up.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WFG2012
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM
that's a tough place to be, I can't imagine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKish
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Awwwwww poor momma :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondsetter
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I just hope she made the right decision for the baby, whether that meant keeping it or giving it up to someone who could afford it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope she didn't.  An adoptive family could give that child so much more than she could-including love.  Then, I hope she figures out how to use birth control for crying out loud.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Why would you hope she kept a baby she can't afford? I hope she gave it to a family who wants it and can afford to give it the life it deserves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Quoting chalisa0:

I hope she didn't.  An adoptive family could give that child so much more than she could-including love.  Then, I hope she figures out how to use birth control for crying out loud.

If it were her first, I'd agree.

But, how the heck to justify keeping two and not the third?
DixieL
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:34 PM

If she doesn't believe she can give her baby the life that she wants too, it's better to give the baby up. Hopefully someday she can see her baby that will be grown up then and explain why she gave him or her up

IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM
poor momma

TattoodMommy19
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Love? Since when is a mother's income level indicative of how much love she can provide? I'm broke as hell. My children are very loved.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chalisa0:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM
What is there to justify? She cab afford to properly care for two, not three. It's pretty simple.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chalisa0:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN