Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hope she kept her baby

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I had a patient who had just delivered her third baby.

Single mom, living with her parents.

Early 20s.

No dad in the picture.

No real income.

I went to talk to her about something and suddenly broke down crying! I asked her what was wrong. She said that she was in talks with an adoption agency about giving her child up. She said that she has two already and can't afford a third.

I felt sooooo bad for her! I couldn't imagine having two, then giving up my third! Yet, at the same time, she should've/could've made better decisions.

She was discharged last night and I didn't work yesterday. I never did hear whether or not she kept her baby or gave it up.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Replies (11-13):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:39 PM

So she can't love her baby more then adoptive family SMH

Quoting cShalisa0:

I hope she didn't.  An adoptive family could give that child so much more than she could-including love.  Then, I hope she figures out how to use birth control for crying out loud.

littlest.angel
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM
If she did opt for adoption, I hope she was able to make it an open adoption.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I know someone who had 2 kids--she only had a High School diploma, worked minimum wage jobs, lived in low-income housing. She accidently got pregnant with #3!! She KNEW she could NOT afford a third child, as she could barely take care of the two she already had!! She chose to give #3 up for adoption. To this day, she says it was the BEST decision and she doesn't regret her decision. She also has an open-adoption with the adoptive parents, and they told her she can visit them ANY TIME she wants!! Her son has grown up with AMAZING opportunities that there is NO WAY his birth mom could EVER have given him!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chalisa0:

I hope she didn't.  An adoptive family could give that child so much more than she could-including love.  Then, I hope she figures out how to use birth control for crying out loud.

If it were her first, I'd agree.

But, how the heck to justify keeping two and not the third?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured