Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MTV's '16 & Pregnant'

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM
  • 37 Replies
I'm just sat watching Lori's story from Season 2 - its actually the only one I haven't seen. I think its so sad that she was so forced into an open adoption. I understand every parent wants what is best for their child, and not all young parents can do it - but its so sad that she's forced into it.

Does anyone else think the same?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I agree that she was forced, and that wasn't right. But, I don't think her keeping the baby would've been the best thing for the baby either.
Gracie-May
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I don't think it would have been right for her or the baby for her to keep him either, but I felt my heart breaking when she was being forced into it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree that she was forced, and that wasn't right. But, I don't think her keeping the baby would've been the best thing for the baby either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Yeah, it really should have been her choice.

Quoting Gracie-May:

I don't think it would have been right for her or the baby for her to keep him either, but I felt my heart breaking when she was being forced into it.

Quoting Anonymous:

CadesMum
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I thought the same thing :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I remember that one. She is going to have (if not already) some major resentment later on where her parents are concerned.
amy31308
by Ashlee on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:34 AM
I saw a where are they now episode and she seemed very happy with her choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I think parents should have more say, since they end up footing the bill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I don't think she was forced. She KNEW they wouldn't support the baby, and they shouldn't have to, she just pussyfooted around until the very end to even attempt to find a solution.

Her parents sent her to a Catholic school, and even in the episode mentioned that they are devout Catholics, I  highly doubt it was a 'big surprize' when they wouldn't allow their unmarried, pregnant, teen daughter to live in their home.

CatherineNewton
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I dont remember the story that well just that she was adoptied herself and her parents didnt want her to keep the baby and he ex bf was a jerk but thats about all I remeber. Also that it was sad.

isell_avon
by ehhhh! on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:37 AM

was that the girl that gave up her baby to her aunt and uncle? I think they were from Texas? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN