Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**ETA** Woman Wins Right To LEGALLY Swim Topless In Public Pool.

Posted by   + Show Post

^^ Because she has no breasts, after battling breast cancer.

I just saw this story on my local news.

Discuss! :)

ETA: Everyone keeps asking WHY she would want to swim topless?
From what I understood, the lack of a top helps speed swimmers to swim faster (which is what she's training to be).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (61-70):
sPiCyNiNjAkItTy
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:12 AM
I think a woman should have the right anyway. Even if she does have breasts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavenly1462
by Jessica on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for her, I think its awesome! A lot of men have bigger tits than a lot of women. I think women should be able to go topless if they want. It's just boobs. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samara_love33
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I can get irritation but I'm sure Speedo would make her size. I think she should cover but I can reasons why not to. I still think people may talk about her I hope she is very strong and it doesn't bother her

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Maybe she couldn't find one that fit properly? Or the material irritated her scar tissue? IDK?

I'm torn on the issue. While I understand she doesn't have the anatomy of a "woman", I wonder if this could cause women with an A-cup or smaller to fight for the same right? KWIM?

OR WORSE, men with LARGER than an A-cup could be forced to wear tops! Lmbo!

Quoting samara_love33:

Why not a 1 piece when I was on the swim team we couldn't wear 2 pieces

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

From what I understood, the lack of a top helps speed swimmers to swim faster (which is what she's training to be).

Quoting samara_love33:

I wonder why she wants to be topless

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aeonix
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I don't take any issue with her swimming topless. I do wonder if she plans on competing, as a woman, won't a top be required anyway? I get that it helps with speed but I'm just not sure why she wouldn't train in the same way she will compete.
hope_love_dream
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

this

Quoting Chris030406:

Why would her not having breasts matter? I've seen men with more cleavage than myself, yet I'm the one that has to be covered!

Topless for all!

Rest In Peace
Michael Jackson
1958-2009

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Only if your dad is 24 yrs old. Lol

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Is my dad your neighbor? LOL!

He is always shirtless, with his heart surgery scars hanging out! :-P

Quoting Anonymous:

No different to me than seeing my neighbors husband shirtless with a big scar across his chest where they performed open heart surgery. Not something everyone wants to see, but most people wouldn't actually care

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Quoting Kaybean:

Good argument spelling nazi!
motherof33333
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I think boobs are just boobs to, I am just saying she is a woman, and If I was her i would wear a shirt, beacuse there is some cruel people in this world, But its nice to see a cancer survivor, and someone who has alot of confidience still after fighting cancer. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Frankly I'm not so prude as to think we all should need a top. Boobs are just boobs to me and I've seen 12 year old boys with bigger tits than me. If many women wanted to swim topless they could petition and get it done but they won't. Most only want to show the pretty clevage of fake boobs. Now as that cancer survivor I wouldn't be so keen to throw it in people's faces of look I've had a
Double mastectomy. She looks lean and sporty so maybe it's a comfort thing. Where is she going to buy a top from? There's no boobs to hold it in place.

Quoting motherof33333:

she is still a woman, it doesnt matter is she doesnt have boobs, some men shouldnt even be allowed to swim with no shirt,why cant we all swim topless, but i do think she is brave for wanting to swim topless after having breat cancer

Quoting Anonymous:

Why she has no boobs

Quoting motherof33333:

still shoudnt be allowed

CafeMom Tickers

ThatsTheWayItIs
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM
I read that none of the bathing suits fit her right. And the ones they make for women who had what she had done are uncomfortable and hurt her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Topless for all !!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN