Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just made a whole week's worth of pay this morning!!!!!!!!! Another edit yay!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We brought some of our dd's gently used clothing (which was ALL given to us) to a store that resells children's clothing.  We were expecting maybe fifty dollars or something, they gave us $200, which may not seem like a lot to some of you, but like i said, that's almost my entire weekly paycheck!!  we couldn't believe it!!  Yay for us!

This post was not supposed to be about how much i make a week.  So sorry I don't make as much as some of you people!!!  I'm excited.  We get by just fine on my paycheck, it's a sacrifice we are making purposely so our dd doesn't have to go to daycare!!!  i really don't give a flying shit what anyone makes especially these braggarts who are trying to make me feel bad by telling me about their $900 and $1600 paychecks I don't really care. i'm just excited about this morning.  thats all 

DF just went again with some more stuff, (I'm telling you we had a TON) anyway, he went again to the store and got another 167.00 this morning.  yay!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Replies (221-225):
karla85
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Yay! I wish I could get anything out of the kids used clothes but we have a lot of family back in Mexico who could use it so we just send it there. I'm happy for you :)
And taking advantage that this is a bragging post (lol) I started working yesterday at McDonald's and I'm really exited :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Yeah, you could get more than that selling it yourself on craigslist.

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

Here too.  They were only gonna give me 75 bucks for a whole crib bedroom set.  It is bassett brand and had crib, changing table, dresser and 2 night stand things...i was like...no thanks...lol

Quoting Mom2kay2:

Once upon A Child here pays you awful!!!!!

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I tried selling my ds clothes at a consignment sell and didn't make much so I started donating to people who needed it more.
A lot of DS stuff was given to me so I thought I should pay it forward.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

We donate a lot of clothes. All baby gear that ds has outgrown is going to my pregnant sil too! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

That's awesome!!  I gave my ds and dd's clothes to a lady I work with along with a swing, bumbo and jumperoo for her daughter.  She is single mother of twins, I felt really good about it, I could have sold them and used the money but I'd rather give them to someone who appriciates it and could really use it.  I also donated 6 bags of my clothes to the Red Cross this weekend. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM

LOL.  our utilities are taken out of our savings, which we worked very hard to save up during our time togethre before our dd was born.  our dd has her own account from her paternal grandparents and so will any other children we may have.  we grow a lot of our own food, have chickens for eggs.  honestly, the account we have our bills taken directly out of is more than enough to keep us comfortable.  we just don't touch it for anything other than bills and the occasional toy of my DF's :)

Quoting circle_of_life:

I commend you for living simply. We have a family of six and live on one income. We live simply too, but my dh brings home about 500-600 a week. What about utilities? You're able to pay food and utitilies and stuff on that? WHat about when your kid gets bigger, or you have more kids? Just wondering :)

Quoting Anonymous:

nope, he's a stay home dad.  we decided that earning less money is worth her not going to daycare.  the money i earn is for food and the prepaid trac phone we have.  we paid cash for our house so we have no mortgage.  we garden and grow our own fruits and veggies.  we live very simply and love our lives.

Quoting circle_of_life:

Your husband works, I'm guessing? Geez there's some major bitches on here, it never ceases to amaze me, lol

Quoting Anonymous:

if you had bothered to read any of my responses, you would have seen that we collect no pa, our house is paid for, we have everything we need.  my job is about ten hours a week, i get to go home and spend the rest of my days with my family.  we live simply and are happy with our lives, unlike you who sounds bitter and angry and i think you just need to take some deep breaths and get over yourself. 

Quoting Anonymous:

if you get by on a paycheck like that, I wonder how much/many forms of welfare you receive... get a real job and support your family!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Yes lots of people make much more. Again, I was proving a point.

Quoting Anonymous:

I could easily say the same thing about your small pay. I make more than you do a week, but this isn't a bragging post, so you need to go away.

Quoting Anonymous:

I make about 1500 bucks a week dear. My dh and I BOTH make money, he makes way more than me. Your income is a joke dear, maybe you shouldn't brag ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

This is my check as well I am a sahm. No foodstamps or anything. Our rent is $550 a month everything is super cheap where we live :-)

Quoting ILive4This:

Quoting Anonymous:

Dh weekly checks are between $750 and $900...

How much is YOUR check?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN