Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not sure how to feel about this *TMI for some*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Growing up my mom had a boyfriend that pretty much raised me from the time I was 2 up until I was 15. There were moments growing up that I was uncomfortable around him. He always would ask me to cuddle with him and his hand was always between my breasts. When I would get sick he seemed to enjoy rubbing vicks on my chest and body. He did grab my breasts while we played around claiming it was an "accident." I remember a very graphic memory from my childhood where I was having my  footie pajamas being ripped off of me and touched while having a hand shoved into me. But this image and memory I have pushed out of mind and refuse to face. I never really told anyone about it. Just about a year and half ago we ran into him and again I got a weird uncomfortable feeling around him but I refused to relive the pain and memories I grew up with. Since than I have cut off contact with him while my sister craves his attention. Finally I talked her out of it while not revealing what happened to me while growing up. Last night I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing out of control, and wanting to cry. The dream was about him pulling my shirt and clothes off while I am trying to run away from him and I keep telling him no. He keeps saying no one will know please just let me. I just don't know how I can over come this. I really thought I was over it. 

Any advice or suggestions would help. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Replies (31-38):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I feel so bad that you had to deal with all that. I commend you for having the strength to leave and finally let others know what she did. 

Quoting Two_Hearts:

It was really hard for me , but at the time i had just healed from two broken toes from her ..and i had to go to the ER due to whiplash and bruises that she had given me that night..the hospital phoned the police ..i saw it as my only chance to get out. I went and lived with my aunt and uncle after that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my I am so sorry to hear that. I could never bring myself to do that to my mom even tho she was very abusive. It was just too hard to face her after I left. 

Quoting Two_Hearts:

I'm sorry :( 

I do know what you are dealing with somewhat ...i charged my mom with child abuse when i was 15 , and i have not had a relationsip with her for the past 6 yrs because she too is toxic.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom is a very toxic person. Everything was always my fault...I was asking for whatever happened to me. She hates her children and we have always been a burden to her. 

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Probably took it the wrong way ????? WTF? 

You did NOT take it the wrong way at all.

Your feeling's are important and should be treated as such. 

My ex of 8 yrs ..has been helping me raise my DD since she was 16 months old, she is now 10. He has NEVER touched her naked chest ...he has always let me be the one to deal with anything to do with her body in any way shape or form.

Personally , if he was doing the things that your stepfather did to you ..he would be dealing with the police the very first time i found out because i would be the one calling them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I did but she refused to believe me. Said I probably took it the wrong way. That I should forget about it and move on with my life. 

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Have you ever told your mother about this ? 

Honestly, that would be my first suggestion. I was molested by my great grandfather ..i did not tell anyone for years , because he kept telling me it was normal for grandfather's to do what he was doing and that it was normal for children not to talk about it (yes naive) but i was 7 yrs old... i didnt know any better. 

After he died , i told my mom about it ..and even though she was very abusive herself , she did believe me. 

eventually , i told my aunts and my grandmother (his daughter) ...and that is when i learned that i was not the only one.

It has helped me a lot to know that my family backs me up on it and i am able to discuss it whenever i need too.

tuter8911
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM
My step dad that was inky life from 8 until 19 was the same way. Although he waited until I turned 18 to try and get me to have sex with him. It is a very had thing to deal with. I tisk my kinsmen she after with him until he left her for someone 2 yr older than me. I tried counseling but had. hard time with them trying to get ne to relive the past. I talk to Df about it and that has helped me a lot. I don't like counselors either. I am very sorry you had to.go through that. I lived in the same town as him up until 4 longs ago and i only ran into.him a couple.of.times but when i would I would have nightmares. If you need to talk I am.here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Sorry you had to deal with that. Thank you for your support. I was thinking of telling my sister and hoping she won't be mad at me. I am happy now that I am hours away from him and lost contact completely. If you want I can message you in case you ever need a friend to talk to as well. :)

Quoting tuter8911:

My step dad that was inky life from 8 until 19 was the same way. Although he waited until I turned 18 to try and get me to have sex with him. It is a very had thing to deal with. I tisk my kinsmen she after with him until he left her for someone 2 yr older than me. I tried counseling but had. hard time with them trying to get ne to relive the past. I talk to Df about it and that has helped me a lot. I don't like counselors either. I am very sorry you had to.go through that. I lived in the same town as him up until 4 longs ago and i only ran into.him a couple.of.times but when i would I would have nightmares. If you need to talk I am.here.

srbeusk
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM
It's hard but it helps...
Good luck and I'm so sorry...:-(

Quoting Anonymous:

I am looking into counseling but just feel uncomfortable talking to a complete stranger about it. 

Quoting marymo2011:

Sounds like PSTD. You should get help!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tuter8911
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Yes you can. I think that telling your sister would be good. Having someone to talk to definitely helps. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry you had to deal with that. Thank you for your support. I was thinking of telling my sister and hoping she won't be mad at me. I am happy now that I am hours away from him and lost contact completely. If you want I can message you in case you ever need a friend to talk to as well. :)

Quoting tuter8911:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Thank you very much 

Quoting srbeusk:

It's hard but it helps...
Good luck and I'm so sorry...:-(

Quoting Anonymous:

I am looking into counseling but just feel uncomfortable talking to a complete stranger about it. 

Quoting marymo2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM

You just talked to a whole bunch of complete strangers about it. You can do it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marymo2011:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Yup yup that's true ;) face to face is a problem tho but I guess something I can try to push through. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You just talked to a whole bunch of complete strangers about it. You can do it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marymo2011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN