Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That was bs. Thinking about calling her manager.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies

Me and a girl friend went out to lunch today at a nice place.  It was her and me and between us we had four children.  We go and our waitress has her boobs sticking out of her shirt, I could see half her bra (very unusual for a nice place like this).  Then she hardly waited on us.  No refills on our drinks, only saw her when I finally requested the check the rest of the time she was chit chatting with the other girls that worked there.  She hands us the check and says to me that she added the gratuity because we had 6 people in our party (mind you she never checked on us and we had 4 kids meals).  She added a $15 tip!  I would have paid a waitress this amount no problem if they did their job or even more than what was added however, she was the crappiest waitress I've ever had.  I would have given her $8 MAX.  I thought about calling the manager because the more I think about it, the more her shitty attitude pisses me off.  If you had a shitty server would you call after and complain? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BekkieBoodle
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:19 PM
9 moms liked this
Yupp.... Well, I wouldn't call and complain... I would ask for the manager on my way out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM

What is their policy on gratuity?  I don't blame you for being concerned about the rest, but why didn't you address it there?  It sounds like you are more upset about the $15 than anything else.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Did the place have a policy added that they automatically add gratuity to the check? If so I'd just never eat there. I hate when places do that.

TurtleSquish
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I would. It seems that when wait staff sees a party of 6 or more, they work less hard because they're gauranteed a 15 percent tip. Btw, I don't think your kids should have counted like that.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

did you pay it?I wouldnt have and I would have asked to speak to the manager immediately

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I didn't see a sign nor did they say anything to us before it was assigned.  I am pretty pissed about it but wouldn't normally be pissed about it because its pretty typical at most places but I would never have given this much because she was so shitty. 

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Did the place have a policy added that they automatically add gratuity to the check? If so I'd just never eat there. I hate when places do that.

roardiva
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM
4 moms liked this
Added gratuity PISSES ME OFF! It's
Like they think "hey, I'm already getting a tip, so I don't actually have to do anything!" I would complaine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I have been guilty of this I never added a tip but when you are 16 have no common sense and a really shit waitress to begin with it happens. That's why I only lasted a couple weeks before I quit I am just a shitty waitress and I am way to socially awkward to be in customer service still embarrassed and still can't go back to that restaurant.

jshalas89
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM
This. And how can the waitress add the gratuity herself? If it was legit it would've been automatic.

Quoting shivasgirl:

did you pay it?I wouldnt have and I would have asked to speak to the manager immediately

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjessers
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Yes I would have. I've worked in the restaurant business..as well as sales. When your job entails you serving the public you should earn your tip. the only time I've *applied a gratuity* was for a large party. 25 + people.
I would not have paid her the $15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)