Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those with a dh that works nights

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this
On their days off to you let them sleep all day like they do during days they work? My dh works nights. He works from 7 pm -3 or 4 am. He goes to bed around 6 or 6:30 am and then sleeps until at least 3 or 4 pm. I make him get up earlier on days off. He needs to spend time with the family and at least help me with the kids. During the week I get NO HELP from him at all, so on weekends I expect him to get up and help.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Bump
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

He works six nights a week and he's gone for 14 hours at a time, so I let him sleep whenever I can.

indyb
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I don't,  he usually gets up a little early on his own on his days off though and he still spends plenty of time with the kids.  How much ealrier are you making him get up?

I_luv_my_boys3
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM
My DH has his day off today & he works 5 days a week from 10-6am & when he gets home he sleeps in til 2pm & on his days off he wakes up after only 4hrs of sleep so we can be as a family enjoying a beautiful day like this :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephjohn
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM
no i dont force him to. he does on his own. but he likes to sleep in sometime too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM
No, I don't make a grown man do anything. He works 4pm-4am Sun-Thurs, has Friday and Sat nights off. When he gets home, he goes to sleep about 5am and gets up around 1pm. When he's off, he sleeps his usual schedule. Getting up around 1pm and being off all evening Fri and Sat still gives us time together and he helps. He doesn't go to sleep till around the time he usually does so he does the whole dinner, bath and bed routine for me.
danni1982
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

My Dh is working 12 hour night shifts from 6 pm to 6:30 AM 6-7 days a week. If he gets a day off I let him sleep in. He is a hard working man and deserves to sleep when he can

spicy_n_sweet
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM

My SO is free to sleep in as late as he wants or needs to on his days off.  My SO works hard, I don't, so I have no problem with him sleeping in all day long if he wants to on his days off.

Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh works from 6:30 pm till 6:30 am but doesn't get home till 7:20-7:30am. He sleeps till 2 or 3 depending on how tired he is and leaves the house here by 5 he has to be at the gate by 6:15. Usually on his days off he will sleep till 1 maybe two at the latest on his first night off and is usually up by 11 or 12 on his second day off. If he is lucky and gets two days off. I let him sleep in because I know he works his butt off and needs as much rest as possible. Of course my kids are older so I don't really need that much help with them.

I also let him sleep late for the fact that he stays up late as not to mess up his sleeping habits so that he can be on the same sleep routine.

La-Belle-Vie
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Not usually.
My hisband works a rotating shift but has worked nights for 6 months straight 6:30pm-6:30am with an hour drive to and from work.
He gets home around 7:30-7:45 and goes to sleep and wakes up at 3:30 pm to spend a little time with us before getting ready and heading back around 4:30 pm.
I know he needs the sleep as working nights are a lot on a body (I use to work nights as well).
I understand where you are coming from though. It is hard with them on nights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)